PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Explosions?

adaminator1
09-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I was wondering if someone could give me a good realistic explosion tutorial :)
Any help would be appreciated :)

virtualcomposer
09-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Yes, that would be nice as well. Hard to find tutorials for this.

hrgiger
09-22-2008, 10:30 PM
You may want to look at this thread. http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70370 I haven't read through it but it shows you what's possible with LW's HV's. There might be some useful information in there as well.

prometheus
09-23-2008, 05:40 PM
well the most realistic explosions seen on movies are mostly real pyrotechnics I believe or a mix and real footage comps.
But we all want to do this inside of lightwave donīt we:)

The best cg stuff I think Ivé seen is probably fumefx plugin fluid stuff, or explosions done in maya.
Mr rid are pretty good I would say with fire and explosions it seems.

in lightwave if we disregard using geometry and goes for hypervoxels, I believe that most people are using
nulls and hypervoxels on to that for the start of big blasts Like in this movie sample.
You donīt get the real dynamics thou ..itīs more of faking turbulence with hypertexture effect.
Together with particles and particle trails you can get quite good stuff I think.

i belive the tuffest part is that smoke column billowing upwards, so particles moving up with wind dougnut can get close,but
itīs that particular dynamic signum that a fluid system can do so much more realistic I belive.

Right know the Dynamite plugin is down and I donīt know if heīs doing updates ore something else, but that would be the way to
go if it works without bugs and some improvement on the fluids.

This movie sample is just a single null ..added hypervoxels on to it tweaked textures and lighting, I could improve it some more ..its to black at the end and not dissolving etc..etc. no post processing.

Michael

prometheus
09-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Gee something wrong with the attachment..and I was to late to edit.

try again