PDA

View Full Version : Porch swing

otacon
09-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Here's a little scene i made this weekend for fun. Render with lw. Any comments welcome.:D

Hopper
09-21-2008, 05:59 PM
:eek:

Holy cow.

Hopper
09-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Next weekend ... no modeling... start the book. Seriously. Don't worry about giving up trade secrets - you'd sell so many, you wouldn't have to worry about working again... :)

Svenart
09-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Well done. Your motives are always very good choosen. I agree with Hopper partially. At least, I would really like to read a tutorial written by you:)

Iain
09-22-2008, 02:05 AM
That's a lovely piece Jason. Everything works really well.

My only suggestion would be to tone down the blue shadow but it doesn't detract from the scene.

blacksmith
09-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Beautiful ocean view. You're more and more magnificent. Just great.

freshdb
09-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Fantastic work as usual, love all the subtle details in the wood. If you printed and framed it, people would totally think its a photo.

I guess if I were to be picky, I'd say get a sharper image for the bg, its too blurry for the lens lenght. Also, the shadows in the sand clumps are going the opposite way. Thats being extremely picky though, excellent work man.

Derrick_SA
09-22-2008, 10:49 AM
awesome, was the floor done with a bump map on a flat surface, or modeled?

please post a screen cap of your lighting rig?

thanks,
derrick

otacon
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys. I actually did print it out and it looks pretty good, photoreal.:D

Some other people were mentioning the strong blue in the shadows...i guess i never really noticed. The wood planks are modeled. Glad you noticed the details in the wood. I agree about the background image, i had to upsize it since it was kind of small and it got a little blurry.

The light setup is too simple to post, its basically an area light as the sun and a gradient backdrop color.

COBRASoft
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Otacon, this is really superb. It seems so 'simple' to model that I'm trying it out myself, but... yours is so much better. Congratulations!

Andyjaggy
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
I wish I were there now.

Derrick_SA
09-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Otacon, this is really superb. It seems so 'simple' to model that I'm trying it out myself, but... yours is so much better. Congratulations!

that's what happens when something is perfect, it looks easy to do, same with musiciangood s, they make it look so easy, you feel you can do it, he he.

this is really a nice render!

Do you set the area light to a specific color (color temp) to look like sunlight? (remember I'm a newbie, I'm aloud to ask stupid questions, he he)

thanks,
Derrick

colkai
09-23-2008, 03:05 AM
I wish I were there now.

With a nice cool beer or two. :)

jthompson3d
09-24-2008, 08:56 AM
DUDE..... once again, excellent work. :thumbsup:

evolross
09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Images like these are what got me into 3D. Where the artist isn't just using 3D to use 3D or to make something look cool. It's when the "3D" aspect of it takes a backseat to the composition and the art itself.

DanD
09-30-2008, 04:26 PM
That's great! You're timing is weird, I'm in the process of building a real porch swing (Out of wood not polygons). I know I could just buy one but where's the fun in that? Besides, I have to justify my growing tool collection. Anyway that's a great render and you have inspired me to keep going on it.

Dan

otacon
09-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys. For the sun color I sometimes use the kelvin color picker...for this one I just eyed a color that was a little more yellow.