PDA

View Full Version : Character animation - select all to keyframe all?

Larry_g1s
09-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm working on more character animation and was wondering if there is an option/button/plug-in/lscript/etc. that will select all the keyframeable areas on a character were I could then set a keyframe for all them on a particular frame? Right now I have to go in to the Scene editor and manually do it. So I'm just looking to see if there is a better way.

bugzilla
09-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I use the Create Key + free plugin (I think it's from DStorm, part of the Graph Type plugin pack). It allows you to key all items at once and select the type of keyframe (linear, TCB spline) and the channels you want to keyframe (pos,rot,scale)

toby
09-21-2008, 05:15 PM
The default keyframe window has a setting for 'selected object and decendants', just select the main charcter object and use that?

Larry_g1s
09-21-2008, 05:33 PM
The default keyframe window has a setting for 'selected object and decendants', just select the main charcter object and use that?That's it, thanks a bunch!

I use the Create Key + free plugin (I think it's from DStorm, part of the Graph Type plugin pack). It allows you to key all items at once and select the type of keyframe (linear, TCB spline) and the channels you want to keyframe (pos,rot,scale)I'll also check out that plugin package, thanks.

SplineGod
09-21-2008, 06:29 PM
I do all this in IKBoost. Its setup to manage keyframes on a whole or any parts of a character quite easily. :)

Larry_g1s
09-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Is that in any of your training with Kurv Studios? How does IKBoost work with a pre-rigged character? Because I didn't care for the "All Items" or "selected object and descendants" options. I'm currently going through something with a rig in Maya where I have the option to "select all" and then just keyframe. So I want something like this in LW. I'll see if I can record a video to show what I'm asking for.

SplineGod
09-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes it is. Thats one of IKBs greatest strengths is that it makes dealing with large amounts of keyframes a snap and very intuitive. You dont have to mess with the graph editor or dopesheet.
IKB will blend with standard IK setups though I use it without doing that because it keeps things very simple and elegant.
I would suggesting taking a look at some of the free demos I did on www.vfxcast.com. Register first and then do a search there under IKBoost.

Larry_g1s
09-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Very cool, thanks Larry. Do you have training on this with Wes that goes further if I like what I see on the demos?

I'm trying to have all my keyframes for the character the on the same keys, so that's why I was looking to have something like I've explained, where you can key all of that character on the same key. Does that make sense?

Surrealist.
09-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes you can use IK boost on a pre-rigged character.

EDIT: Sorry delayed reaction. :)

Stunt Pixels
09-22-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm working on more character animation and was wondering if there is an option/button/plug-in/lscript/etc. that will select all the keyframeable areas on a character were I could then set a keyframe for all them on a particular frame? Right now I have to go in to the Scene editor and manually do it. So I'm just looking to see if there is a better way.
There's also Dodgy's layersMC which allows you to define sets and quick select them, so you can keyframe selected. It has a heap of other niceness too...

Here's a page with info:
http://www.lightwiki.com/LayersMC