PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX newbie need help to produce long hair.

hub73
09-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Hi !

i'm playing with FiberFX, really interesting. i've read the documentation... but it is difficult for me to understand how to produce long hairs for a woman cartoon character. Just the basics, not really realistic long hairs.
Like this :
http://bp0.blogger.com/_4yuh0-Ww7FI/R7unbbsqJqI/AAAAAAAAICE/0rbBNAuM4qA/s320/Sirena+Flirtation.jpg

In fact i don't understand the flow. if i must use the modeler fiberFx tool to define some guides or prefer to do the job just inside the layout. i don't understand the link between the two tools inside the modeler and the layout. Is it the same guides ? i don't know how to manually set the fiber length with guides... i'm a very newbie with this !

Hope Lw Gurus will post / produce an easy to follow tutorial (for newbie) to produce long hair ;-).

Thanks !

safarifx
09-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi !

In fact i don't understand the flow.

Thanks !

the best way to create long hair is you work with guides.
in the first you grow the hair on the surfaceparts you wish and than you create guides...<add guides current fibers<....you have now ...splines for your hair and you can now the hair dressed.you can grab every guide and
you can manipulated the position,the gravity,the length...etc.pp...
after your "shape action" say ok and than go to the fiber fx part to surface your hair...you can also for finetuning shape the hair over "edit guides"
in fiber fx self...check out all the parameters...

:thumbsup:

snip safx

hub73
09-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks.
In the FiberFX strand modeler is it possible to set different fibers/guides length ? On your head all your hairs have not the same length !!!

WilliamVaughan
09-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks.
In the FiberFX strand modeler is it possible to set different fibers/guides length ? On your head all your hairs have not the same length !!!

break it up into steps...do a portion of teh guides at a time

safarifx
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks.

another easy way to create different hairlength is it you use "black and white uv maps" and put it in the hairlength parameter panel....white is than the original length and black is zero hairlength....you can paint your hairlength in that way in photoshop or another 2d tool...

snip safx

hub73
09-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Finaly it is possible to scale a guide inside the strand modele

from the doc :

Scale (Guides)
Scales the length of the selected guides, this will also scale the length of any fibers they are controlling as a result.

safarifx
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Finaly it is possible to scale a guide inside the strand modele

from the doc :

Scale (Guides)
Scales the length of the selected guides, this will also scale the length of any fibers they are controlling as a result.

check this please >> make simple hairs with fiber fx and than let the hair grow with "dynamics cloth"...cloth has his own gravity tool and you can so "hang out" your hairs...than you need only a coliision detection of the head from your girl and ready is it....

http://www.safari-fx.de/monat_september_2008/safari_fiber_fx_dynamic_example.mov

snip safx