PDA

View Full Version : cobblestone plugin, free beta please test!

Svenart
09-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I have uploaded the first beta of a plugin for creating cobblestone pavements using premodeled stones here for free download:

http://www.svenart.de/plugins/Cobclone1beta.zip

Please read the readme before starting. In the folder, there is also a subfolder with a few cobblestones. Please try it out and let me know if you have tips, ideas or critics. Much important, please let me know also, if you know a better name than cobclone or cobbleclone :help:

Lightwolf
09-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey, I like cobbleClone :D

No, I haven't tried the plugin yet...

Cheers,
Mike

hrgiger
09-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Svenart. I installed the plug-in and tried it out. The first couple times I tried to add the stones with grass in between them. I got some sort of invalid statement, something with line 171 in the code. I got it working once I unchecked grass (although, there are no grass models in the folder so it may be a missing reference issue). It took a while to work, probably a minute and a half or so but I know scripts aren't always the speediest. One thing I might suggest is for you to lower the smoothing angle, as the tops of the cobblestones are showing smoothing errors.

hrgiger
09-20-2008, 11:28 AM
The other thing I noticed, you may want to add more options to control the beveling on top and on the rounded corners. The object I generated which was a mid size patch of stones came up to a quarter of a million polygons.

rapscallion
09-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Hei Sven! This is a cool plug - but, as with HRGiger, I've found that using the grass function results in an error every time...I've tried it on 32-bit and 64-bit...

Has anyone had luck with the grass function?

Any words of advice to make that function work, Sven?

Thanks again.

...wishing the best...from the void...justin...

hrgiger
09-20-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just because there is no grass model in the folder that comes with the plug-in. Try making a few simple blades, save it as an object and use that file in the interface on the browse dialog. I'm currently cleaning off my system so I don't have it going at the moment.

Svenart
09-20-2008, 07:54 PM
thank you very much for testing.

@ lightwolf : thank you. I was not sure about the name.

@ hrgiger & rapscallion: You are right, I just forgot to add the folder with the gras model. Meanwhile I have uploaded a new version, now it should work.

hrgiger
09-20-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm still getting the same error as before, even with the grass model. Also, now I"m getting an error code of 2903;internal fault of unknown origin.

realtime
09-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Just for version 9+, correct? At least I'm not having success with running it on 8.5.

Phil
09-20-2008, 09:51 PM
On Mac, I just get an illegal arithmetic operation on data type error. Line 13.

Svenart
09-20-2008, 11:03 PM
thank you all very much for your feedback. I have now fixed a few bugs and made a few changes. I tested it on several versions, and the plugin should run now under LW8.2, 9.3 and 9.5 in 32 and 64bit.

Please not: If you are using lw9.5, please close all other objects in modeler before starting the plugin.

@ realtime: Can you tell me what errormessage you had?

JamesCurtis
09-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Your new version fixed several things, but I have not had an opportunity to try the grass option or rotation options yet. Good work so far.

What would be nice, is a way to have the cobblestone be able to follow a curve in a background layer [or use a saved curve object maybe] as a means to create a cobblestone road that could be curved for use with hilly terrain. I know we could probably use the Magnet tool for this, but it would be nice to have the option. Also, it would be nice to be able to conform it to a simple object shape [Box, Cylinder, etc.].

I know these ideas might be beyond the scope of what you have planned or hoped to accomplish.

I really like what you've done so far.

Thanks much for this!!

Phil
09-21-2008, 08:35 AM
It gets further on Mac, but then reports an error after loading the cobblestone object :

Line 108, illegal arithmetic operation on data type

Phil
09-21-2008, 08:42 AM
It gets further on Mac, but then reports an error after loading the cobblestone object :

Line 108, illegal arithmetic operation on data type

Seems to be related to the random variation option on the cobblestones.

JamesCurtis
09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
I should have mentioned I'm on PC 32bit WinXPpro System, and not a Mac, so I'm not having the issues they're experiencing. Still haven't tried all options yet though, maybe tonight.

JohnMarchant
09-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Would like to see a mud/moss layer to go in between the stones for the grass to grow out of.

Great plugin by the way

JohnMarchant
09-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Have you thought about using FiberFX for the grass, might work quite well but heavy on the memory and render times

Svenart
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
thank you all for your feedback :thumbsup:

I have now uploade a new version:

I have fixed a few things and added 3 new controls:

1: cut overlapping stones
2: checker (for checkerboard arrangement of stones)
3: min/max size (for the grass models)

Also, I have updated the readme, and added a new folder with 2 tiles (Black&white) for testing the checkerboard option.

@ James Curtis: Nice to hear from someone, that its working:) Thanks for your suggestions, some of your ideas are already on my list.

@ Phil: At the moment, the plugin is only working on windows. To be honest, Im a little bit confused that you have been able to start this compiled win script with mac. I will try to do a macversion soon as possible.

@ JohnMarchent: thank you. Using fiberfx is a nice idea, but Im not sure at the moment if that would be possible with Lscript. Not only an updated Lscriptmanual. But Im already thinking about how to do moss and mud.

DuneBoy
09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
@ Phil: At the moment, the plugin is only working on windows. To be honest, Im a little bit confused that you have been able to start this compiled win script with mac. I will try to do a macversion soon as possible.

Compiled LScripts aren't compiled into machine code, the compiling process basically converts the commands in a plain text script into platform neutral byte codes which the LScript Runtime plugin can execute. Regular un-compiled LScripts get compiled on-the-fly before execution. This is the only place that pre-compiled scripts are faster, execution speed is the same.

A Mac version would basically be one that has been tested to make sure it's not encountering any Mac specific bugs in the interpreter.

By the way, thanks for developing the plugin. I'm sure it'll be really useful.

Svenart
09-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I have uploaded a new version of the plugin just a few moments ago.

In this version, I have fixed a few small bugs (should work better in lw9.5 now), and the plugin is now working up to 25% faster.

Please note: I tested the plugin with different versions of LW and it was running fastest in LW8.2 (up to 2 times faster.)
If you use LW9.5, activate legacy opengl and the plugin will work up to 25% faster.

@ Duneboy: thank you for the info, good to know:)

@ Rapscallion: sorry for the delay, I have at first readover your message. Because the plugin knows the height of every row and is checking the width of every stone, it knows automatically (more or less), where it can set gras and where not. Just activate the option, choose a grasmodel and start the plugin.

art
09-25-2008, 08:16 AM
I did not have a chance to try it yet, but it looks good.
Can it do radial patterns too, as discussed here (http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82217)?

Svenart
09-25-2008, 01:06 PM
thanks.... At the moment, the plugin cant do radial patterns. But its one of the next things on my list.

JamesCurtis
10-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Any further development on this plugin?

Works pretty good so far, but one thing in current version is if using random setting, I don't like the fact it wants to insert plain square tiles as well. Would be nice if this could be controlled via a tickbox as well.

Svenart
10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
thank for your suggestion, James. I will try to add a listbox for including/excluding models.

I have planned to release version 1.0 in the next week. If you have more ideas, feel free to let me know.

JamesCurtis
10-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the info.

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 10:03 AM
will give it a try ...

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Loaded plug
used default settings, told it where all the objects and images were after loading the
objects and images in there respectful folders...

hit the go button and off it went...
pretty cool plug

well it did it in 140 sec
used 1002 layers to do it, it was fast....

total 49644 polys
3 vertices 816
4 vertices 46076
+4 vertices 2752
Non-planer 15967

Any way of adding the code to name the parts ??
Like rock or stone ??

Michael

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Also it left a grass object in layer 999...after all was done..Minor left over issue..

Michael

Svenart
10-12-2008, 10:39 AM
thanks for your feedback, michael. Wich version of LW have you used to test? I dont know why, but its running much faster in lw8.2 and lw9 than in lw9.5... I will try to fix this bug with the gras, thanks for the info.

I have now finished the next version of the plugin, I just have to make some last tests and update the documentation and then I will post it here in the next few hours.

Svenart
10-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Any way of adding the code to name the parts ??
Like rock or stone ??

Michael

I will check this, that should be possible.

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I set it to use object variations, and Illegal error on line 124 ...

darn....

went thru the stones and named the parts of the stones,
did not modify any other part of the stones..

Svenart
10-12-2008, 11:11 AM
I just tried to get the same error with renaming the parts of 2 stones but it was working well... Can you give me more infos? Why do you need the stones to be parts? Cant it be done after generating?

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 11:15 AM
using lw9.5 32bit
naming the parts is my way of organizing objects, when you have lots of objects having the parts named it is easier to select them in the statistics panel..
it is my way of organizing things
You do not have to do it, I thought it would be a Cool option thats all ..

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 11:21 AM
ok pointed the plugin to the original folder in with the plugin for variations
works fine that way...

97secs

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I just tried to get the same error with renaming the parts of 2 stones but it was working well... Can you give me more infos? Why do you need the stones to be parts? Cant it be done after generating?

After Generation you have allot of polys, and sometimes it takes awhile to select those polys to rename the parts, but it is no big thing..

Michael

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Ok I figured out the error
I have my Content on the Network Drive...

//content//content//objects
//content//content//images

I put the Objects, Images in the folders on the Network Drive
.... Content//Images//Cobblestone
.... Content//Objects//Cobblestone

So I put ther modified stones (Stones that I named the Parts)in with your Originals ..
Stones in the C:/ path where I have the Plugins
....C:/Program Files/Newtek Plugins/3rdParty/Cobclone1beta/Cobblestones1/Modified

And no errors with the stones with the parts named..

I guess it does not like the network paths.....

Michael

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 12:08 PM
works great now..

The only thing i see is this little thingy on layer 999

Michael

Glendalough
10-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Svenart,

Must say I had good fun with your plugin a week ago and it seems to work fine on a Macintosh (Good Show!).

Was using it in LW 8.3 and could get it up to 292,000 polys (?). Maybe I'll try it out on 9.5 and see how it goes.

Wondering can you just swap in different objects, like stones or slates (shingles) for walls and roofs?

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Wondering can you just swap in different objects, like stones or slates (shingles) for walls and roofs?

I did and works fine..

Svenart
10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I have uploaded the newest version of the plugin a few moments ago. I fixed a few minor bugs, made it running a little bit faster and added 2 new controls.

1. Random Strength : If random Strength is set to 100%, nearly every stone will be choosen randomly. If random Strength is set at 50%, only 50% of the stones will be selected randomly. For the other 50% the plugin will use the main Stonemodel (or the first not excluded stonemodel in the list).

2. Exclude Objects : In this Listbox you can select the objectvariations wich you dont want to use. Before you must select the main stonemodel and click on the refreshlist button. You can also multiselect objects.

here the download link: http://www.svenart.de/plugins/Cobclone1beta.zip

@ zapper: thank you. layer999 will now be deleted correctly.

@ Glendalough: Yes, you can. But if you are using your own stones/shingles, make sure they are centered.

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Thank you from across the Globe...
Have a great Day :)
Awesome Plugin yes it is..

zapper1998
10-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Ver 5, the layer 999 still has the grass object, can live with it.. :)

Love the Exclude option, wow nice..

added a few round stones, and they look pretty good..

All and All ver 5 is faster ...

Michael

Larry_g1s
10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Sweet, thanks...I'll give it a try. I like cobbleclone by the way.

Svenart
10-13-2008, 10:28 AM
you are right, Zapper. I just forget to add some () after a command. Its working now, thanks.

here the download link: http://www.svenart.de/plugins/Cobclone1beta.zip

@ Larry_g1s: Thank you.

Svenart
10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I have created a small movietutorial about using cobbleclone. You can download it here (6mb avi): http://www.svenart.de/tuts/cobbleclone_tut1.avi

Larry_g1s
10-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Sweet vid showing of the plug in Svenart. Just an FYI you can down load a free app by TechSmith called Jing (http://www.jingproject.com/) that will record in a flv your screen as well as your voice if you have a mic. It's from the same people who make Camtasia. The only draw back is it'll only record up to 5 minutes of video. It's the same app I used to do those videos of LWCAD showing of the roof tool.

Svenart
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM
thanks for the tip, larry. The one Im using is not soo great at all and expiring soon. I Will give yours a try. By the way, I have watched your roof-tutorial some time ago, well done :thumbsup:

Larry_g1s
10-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks Scenart, those where great to do. I hope you get some good use out of that jing.

RonGC
10-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Nice work Svenart, Beta 5 working very well on my Mac.

Turning into a very useful plugin.

Ron

3dworks
10-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Nice work Svenart, Beta 5 working very well on my Mac.

Turning into a very useful plugin.

Ron

just curious, what mac and system are you using? does it work at reasonable speed?

cheers

markus

RonGC
10-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi Markus, iMac 24" aluminum, Core2 Duo intel 2.4, 4 gig ram. MacOS 10.5.5

Works very well and fairly darn fast, even for a large number of clones.

Ron

3dworks
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Markus, iMac 24" aluminum, Core2 Duo intel 2.4, 4 gig ram. MacOS 10.5.5

Works very well and fairly darn fast, even for a large number of clones.

Ron

thanks, thats interesting, because there seems to be a strange extreme slowdown on certain mac configurations (mine for example, sigh), which make the plugin and other lscripts completely unusable on osx...

sven is about to investigate what the cause could be and will probably get in touch with chilton soon for this ;)

lets keep fingers crossed. any other slowdown report would be interesting to track this issue.

markus

Cohen
10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
cool beans Sven.

GregMalick
10-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I like it...

but strangely, it seems to always be looking for jpegs in in C:Sumatra/copstone/CobbleStones

Anyway for me to fix this?

Also, any naming issues when using your own LWO objects?
i.e. spaces in names OK etc.

Svenart
10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
thank you Greg.

Just load the all single stones in the cobblestones folder one time into modeler and then save them again with updated pathes to the images (they are in the same folder as the objects are). After this, lightwave should not anymore ask for the images.

If you use your own stones, Just name then like this : Stone.lwo , stone2.lwo , stone3.lwo and so on.

Svenart
10-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Like 3dworks already has mentioned, it seems that there are a few macsystems, where this plugin is running very very slow. If you have a mac, please test it on your machine and let me know how it was running.

Also, I find out that a few lscript commands are not always working the same on mac/pc. I tested a few scripts on my intel and 3dworks on his mac and the results has been very different. But then on other mac systems, this scripts are running very well... Does anyone here has any infos that may help?

GregMalick
10-21-2008, 09:38 PM
DOH!

Of course... textures are saved with the objects..
Sorry, wasn't thinking.

RonGC
10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
thanks, thats interesting, because there seems to be a strange extreme slowdown on certain mac configurations (mine for example, sigh), which make the plugin and other lscripts completely unusable on osx...

sven is about to investigate what the cause could be and will probably get in touch with chilton soon for this ;)

lets keep fingers crossed. any other slowdown report would be interesting to track this issue.

markus

Yeah that is very strange, it makes me wonder what the heck goes on some times. It might be settings used in rendering or perhaps some difference in 3rd party software installed to the OS or back ground apps/processes running.

Voodoo i tell ya.:D

Ron

3dworks
10-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah that is very strange, it makes me wonder what the heck goes on some times. It might be settings used in rendering or perhaps some difference in 3rd party software installed to the OS or back ground apps/processes running.

Voodoo i tell ya.:D

Ron

no idea, we did deep testing on intel macpro's with leopard and an old G3 mac with tiger, and even with safe booting (without extra osx system extensions), fresh LW installs, without other plugins than the standard ones... always same result.

in the meantime, i've got confirmation of 2 other mac users having the same issue.

markus

Glendalough
10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
no idea, we did deep testing on intel macpro's with leopard and an old G3 mac with tiger, and even with safe booting (without extra osx system extensions), fresh LW installs, without other plugins than the standard ones... always same result.

in the meantime, i've got confirmation of 2 other mac users having the same issue.

markus

I get 285 seconds in LW 9.2. In LW 9.3.1 it is going on forever with spinning logo so had to force quit, ie not really working. Running 10.5.4 on 8 core MacPro, 4 Gb ram.

Didn't test it in 9.5 and could try on PPC if there is any point. Also could try in 10.4 if any point.

Svenart
10-22-2008, 04:51 PM
thank you Glendalough. What settings did you use that it was 285 seconds?

RonGC
10-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Ok Mac render results 40.39 seconds with all stones, default size settings, no grass. Lightwave 9.5 PPC beta latest version.
Hardware: iMac24" 2.4ghz Intel core 2 duo, 4 gig ram. OS10.5.5.

Ron

Svenart
10-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I just tested it with the same settings on my PC (quadq6600 with 2.4ghz, 2gbram,win32) and it took 9 seconds...

Glendalough
10-22-2008, 05:41 PM
thank you Glendalough. What settings did you use that it was 285 seconds?

I used the default settings and also set the grass (to default as well). Maybe should skip the grass?

Also tried it in 10.4 on another intel mac, just small 1GB Macmini and got spinning beachball in 9.3.1 and in 9.2 it did work slowly but I aborted.

Will try it on PPC G5 tomorrow.

Svenart
10-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Thank you for testing. if you have set grass on it will take of course much longer and much more polys will be used.

JamesCurtis
10-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Svenart,

I've had quite some fun with your plugin, and in return, I wanted to give to everyone a small set of my own tile shapes to use with the plugin. I came up with some circular ones that are contained in the zipped file below.

They use one of the texture images from the original plugin with different settings.

To use them, just copy the unzipped folder into the plugin's directory and select Circular.lwo as the main file.

Here is a pic of a tiled 4 x 2 sample.

Enjoy!

Svenart
10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
thank you very much James :) Also, great to hear you had fun with the plugin.

kopperdrake
10-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey Sven - I'll download it tomorrow and have a play :)

For the name - might I suggest 'Cobblers'.

We use it as a shortened version of 'A load of cobblers' - cockney rhyming slang for 'complete rubbish' or 'nonsense'. It's actually shortened from 'Cobbler's Awls' in the slang, bet you can't guess what it rhymes with ;)

Of course, the 'nonsense' or 'rubbish' is implied in an ironic way, as it 'rocks' :D

RonGC
10-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Ok Mac render results 40.39 seconds with all stones, default size settings, no grass. Lightwave 9.5 PPC beta latest version.
Hardware: iMac24" 2.4ghz Intel core 2 duo, 4 gig ram. OS10.5.5.

Ron

Ok tried it on the latest Mac UB beta. Same computer, same plugin settings 1 hour and 40 minutes to get halfway through processing the object, then i aborted.

So under the UB it should be at least a couple of times faster than the PPC version, so something isnt working well under this OS / LW version.

However i was expecting slower, just not that much. I think once the UB version is finalized you will be able to dial this script in easier as there will be no moving target to hit.

Ron

Svenart
10-22-2008, 08:30 PM
thank you ron, thats helping me a lot :)

@ kopperdrake: Thanks for your name suggestion. "Cobblers" sounds nice.

Glendalough
10-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Default settings with no grass, PPC G5 single processor 3GB:

59 seconds in LW 9.2 (PPC)

Spinning beach ball, app not responding, in LW 9.3.1 (UB)

Getting 17 seconds in LW 8.3 but it is not assigning image to stones though it does ask for path?

LW8.3 worked fine and fast for the beta 4 on the intel MacPro, maybe check this version later.

RonGC
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
OK here is an update with Both the UB and the CFM beta, todays version.

They have speeded up the UB version of lscript handling.
Cobblestone no variations, default settings 4 seconds.
Variations checked gives an error " Line 191 illegal arithematic operation on Data", and only generates a single cobblestone.

CFM Coblestone no variations 7 seconds.
Variations checked, 37.9 seconds
So were starting to see the speed optimization coming into play, the UB on Intel Macs is executing the Lscript almost twice as fast as the CFM version.

I had hoped to see how fast the UB was with variations checked but no joy on that.

Ron

3dworks
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
also if this does not belong here, but to the open beta forum, just BIG kudos for chilton for such a fast fix! 24 h, this is record!! :)

so go, get the latest UB openbeta and enjoy full speed for this and many other scripts... :thumbsup:

if i understaood it correctly, the 'line 191 ...' error belongs to the mac specific path coding area and will be resolved soon by sven ;)

markus

zapper1998
10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
ubber coolness yes

daforum
10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
OK here is an update with Both the UB and the CFM beta, todays version.

They have speeded up the UB version of lscript handling.
Cobblestone no variations, default settings 4 seconds.
Variations checked gives an error " Line 191 illegal arithematic operation on Data", and only generates a single cobblestone.

CFM Coblestone no variations 7 seconds.
Variations checked, 37.9 seconds
So were starting to see the speed optimization coming into play, the UB on Intel Macs is executing the Lscript almost twice as fast as the CFM version.

I had hoped to see how fast the UB was with variations checked but no joy on that.

Ron

Which version of the script is it that you are refering to as I would like to download it; and where can I find it? I am using LW 9.3 UB

Svenart
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
@ daforum:

you can download the script (Beta5) here: http://www.svenart.de/plugins/Cobclone1beta.zip :beta:

I will make a few changes to the code and upload a new version that will run on OS UB also in the next few days.

Really fast update newtek, big thanks:thumbsup:

daforum
10-23-2008, 04:38 PM
@ daforum:

you can download the script (Beta5) here: http://www.svenart.de/plugins/Cobclone1beta.zip :beta:

I will make a few changes to the code and upload a new version that will run on OS UB also in the next few days.

Really fast update newtek, big thanks:thumbsup:

Many thanks Svenart. :thumbsup:

I will also look out for the new version too.

Svenart
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
have made a few changes, now the script should run also on MAC UB, also with Obj.Variations.

here the Link: http://www.svenart.de/plugins/Cobclone1beta.zip

RonGC
10-23-2008, 05:43 PM
have made a few changes, now the script should run also on MAC UB, also with Obj.Variations.

here the Link: http://www.svenart.de/plugins/Cobclone1beta.zip

Nice work Sven, just under 12 seconds on my Mac, Latest UB version. Used Variations, as before default settings.

Ron

Phil
10-26-2008, 07:26 AM
The grass model is heavily affected with non-planar polygons. With the perspective camera, this will cause rendering issues.

The script runs very nicely - thanks!

JamesCurtis
11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey,

Any news on a new version with any new features yet?

Just wondering.

LAV
11-10-2008, 05:16 AM
just donloaded and tried. Excellent work. I'll try it deeper then.
Congrats!

daforum
11-20-2008, 06:18 AM
I tried the BETA6 version on my UB Mac this morning, using LW 9.3 and it took nearly an hour to make half the cobblestones using the default settings (no variations or grass)

I only made half because I hit escape to stop it.

Why would it take so long?

RonGC
11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
I get fast times with the plugin, but i'm using the latest UB version of Lightwave 9.5.1 Beta. Leopard 10.5.5 with an Intel Imac 24".

Ron

daforum
11-21-2008, 02:03 AM
I get fast times with the plugin, but i'm using the latest UB version of Lightwave 9.5.1 Beta. Leopard 10.5.5 with an Intel Imac 24".

Ron

Ah! That's probably the reason. I'm on 10.4.11, using LW9.3 and it's probably designed to work with 9.5+

What times are you getting Ron?

RonGC
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
daforum, i'm getting with default settings, 13 seconds to generate the cobblestones.

iMac 24", 2,4 GHZ Intel core2 duo, 4 gig ram, Leopard 5.5, LW 9.5.1

Ron

daforum
11-22-2008, 03:35 AM
I'll have to wait until 9.5 is released for the Mac before I can get 13 seconds.

In the meantime I can still use the objects/ textures and array the cobblestones, just not at the press of a button!

geo_n
11-23-2008, 08:45 PM
very cool plugin. did a test. Can't seem to generate a 9x9 m floor. used hdinstance 2.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/2783/zakoscenebk1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

zapper1998
05-10-2014, 10:51 AM
I am gettin a error code 2903 with cobblestone????

JohnMarchant
05-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Yes same here mate, its a bit old now, wonder if the developer will do an update. Ive noticed more and more scripts/plugins are getting flakey with newer versions of LW especially the 11 cycle.

Ive sent Sven a message about this. Hope he will update it.

ernpchan
05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Maybe a thread listing which scripts have broken would be good. If any are open source then some of us might be able to update them.

JohnMarchant
05-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Good idea mate, we need a sticky probably to list them and update as necessary, there are lots of small little time saving scripts that are still useful but need updating.

zapper1998
05-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Loaded up LW 9.6 Special Newtek Edition, And it works like a dream, and still fast..

Must be a problem with the 11.6.2 something....

Still works in LW 9.6 build 1553

:)

I love the Script... awesome it is..

An architect needed some quick cobblestone and brick, and tile models, I told him I can do up some really quick for him, he said awesome, now knowing it works in LW 9.6, I am getting them made up for him..

he happy..

:)

JohnMarchant
05-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Glad you have a satisfied customer, i hope Sven will get back to me and update it. Hate having all these versions of LW running just to use some plugins, always forget what works on what and of course 32 and 64 bit versions.

vonpietro
04-12-2015, 11:27 PM
does this plug in work in 11.6.3 i tried t and it crashes when i try to create

JohnMarchant
04-13-2015, 12:27 AM
There are some issues. I spoken to the author and he has no planes to update it. I have the source and the authors
permission to do an update but im not a coder.

Any coders out there want to give it a try PM me.

sadkkf
04-15-2015, 01:12 PM
There are some issues. I spoken to the author and he has no planes to update it. I have the source and the authors
permission to do an update but im not a coder.

Any coders out there want to give it a try PM me.

Crap. This is a great plugin. I would have a lot of use for this. I'd offer to take and update the code, but no time.

lightscape
04-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Pretty useful. Hopefully someone uploads the code to github.

Svenart
04-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Hello everyone. I really would like to fix the script so it works in lw11.6.3 but unfortunately I have no Idea at the moment what this "error 2903" means. If someone can give me a hint here, that would be great.

ernpchan
04-20-2015, 08:42 AM
I believe it refers to executing a Modeler command that can't be properly executed given the current conditions.

raymondtrace
04-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Would it be useful to employ native instancing instead? Isn't that what this plugin attempted to do before the advent of instancing?

MSherak
04-23-2015, 05:15 PM
OK,

After much turmoil here is an updated version that works with 2015.2. Still keeping it BETA and compiled since that is how the it was sent to the forums from the original creator. Added an input called TrimLength which is the length of the clipping box. Was fixed to 200, figure better to open it up. Everything else should work just the same as before.. There are addition information alerts I added to let you know where the plugin is. If you don't want a lot of popups set your alert mode to Medium or Low.

This attachment is only the updated lscript to the main attachment at the start of this thread. Just place in the same folder and either add the new name or rename to the original name. Let me know anyone runs into a problem..

Enjoy,
-MSherak

ps. 9mx9m test on the captured image from my SurfacePro3

ernpchan
04-23-2015, 11:31 PM
Good job!

lightscape
04-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Thanks for updated script. Just a few more scripts I can finally ditch lw 9 forever.

JohnMarchant
04-25-2015, 03:04 AM
Thanks indeed for that MSherak, sorry be away a few days as ive been moving house and setting everything up again.

Andy Webb
04-25-2015, 04:43 AM
Works great, thanks MSherak :thumbsup:

ianr
04-25-2015, 06:23 AM
2 MS...... some Words,

A Scholar & A Gent,
And A fine Waver.

lardbros
04-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Love this communication... Thanks svenart and MSherak! This will come in handy for sure.