PDA

View Full Version : Okay to give my Lightwave 8 to a friend?

JMCarrigan
09-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Anyone know if I can give my Lightwave 8 to a friend. If he gets addicted like I did, he'll probably want to upgrade, which is what I THOUGHT I did. But when I got 9 it was with a new dongle. He did 23 years in prison and just got out, so I'm gonna take a computer and clothes to him come Monday.

hrgiger
09-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Is this a second license of Lightwave you have or is this just the older version that you upgraded? How did you get a new dongle? Usually you keep using the same one even across upgrades. If it is your older license, I'm not sure it is usable but if you have a separate dongle then maybe. I would check with Newtek to be sure. If it is a second license, then sure, people sell their licenses all the time (I just did it 2 months ago), but the sale side of it, Newtek is not a part of. They just need your information, and their information and a letter with an intent to transfer ownership of Lightwave.
23 years of prison? Sounds like the guy can use a constructive hobby like Lightwave. Wish him luck and if he gets into Lightwave, introduce him to the community here.

JMCarrigan
09-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks hrgiger. I don't remember! 60 y.o.? That's not too old. Yet I don't remember. I'll check with Newtek to be sure. It's a different lock id, different serial, different everything.