PDA

View Full Version : How to use my another iMac for rendering?

yaschan
09-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I just ordered my first license for Lightwave. I will be running this on my Macbook Pro. But I have another iMac lying around, and I was thinking is there any way to make use of it without having to buy another license of Lightwave?
Like is there any third party software capable of rendering scenes made with Layout?
It would really help me in my workflow, because I could have the other computer rendering while I compose scenes with the other. Currently, I cannot afford buying another license for LW.

Scazzino
09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

No need to buy anything else. You can use ScreamerNet, which is included with LW to render on a second machine (or a whole bunch of em). You can use the free lite version of DLI_SNUB-Launcher (http://dreamlight.com/webshop/utilities/snublauncher.html) to make rendering scenes on that other machine as easy as drag and drop.

Enjoy! :D

bassmanjam
09-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, once you've had a chance to get a feel for Lightwave, read through all of the super info Mike has put together. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask on these forums.

Welcome!

yaschan
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Very glad to be here, especially to get reply from friendly professionals like you.
That is very good news. Certainly, I will utilize my second mac as rendering machine!
I look forward to see what kind of effect that will have to the rendering time.

Also, NewTek was very kind to send me the English manual of the software in CD for free - because the version I'm buying happens to be Japanese one.

wesleycorgi
09-19-2008, 11:33 PM
If you look around these various Mac forums, you will find bits of AppleScript that make configuring the different ScreamerNet modes that much easier.