PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 liscense key

pdrake
09-18-2008, 10:11 AM
i finally decide to download 9.5. what is the next step? there is no licensing app and my current license key does not work. do i need a new one? where does it go this time? can this procedure be a sticky? i did search around for mac specific answers. thanks.

BeeVee
09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Because 9.5 is still in open beta for the mac you need to use the license.key that's in your My Products page that starts A1ZD4. This is a temporary key that times out after 30 days. The only reason NewTek wouldn't replace it with a new one is that the final release version is out, in which you should install that and use your standard LightWave 9 license.key.

To input a license.key load Layout (the one with the red icon) and choose Help > Enter license.

B

pdrake
09-19-2008, 09:19 AM
thank you. all is well now.

(well, except now it won't even launch. i think that's just on the macbook, though.)

david225
10-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Maybe i'm out of the loop, but has the official MAC 9.5 UB been released yet?
I was using it on my dell, but when I swiched to Mac, all I can see is the 9.5 beta...

BeeVee
10-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Not yet, it's still in beta.

B

david225
10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Gotcha, so we go for a month with the OB and then back to whatever previous version we were using until the official release comes out?

Chilton
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi David,

The Open Beta program typically runs right up to the release of the product. In the past, it's often overlapped, as I recall.

-Chilton

skr
10-14-2008, 10:40 AM
I got 2 different codes now, but 9.5 OpenBeta wonīt leave discovery mode anyway. I just canīt use it on my Mac. Why is it so complicated on a Mac? On the Windows machines at the university I just put all keys in a single license.key file. But the Mac always has trouble with the keys...

donski
10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
thank you. all is well now.

(well, except now it won't even launch. i think that's just on the macbook, though.)

Not just the MacBook.

Power PC G5 OS 10.4.11

Just went through the whole process as well. Opened in Discovery mode just fine until I registered and entered the license key. Now it won't open at all.

Stumped as to what to do next. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

donski
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Yep, confirmed again after re-installing. Works in Discovery Mode. Enter license key, it says "thanks, restart LW to get out of Discovery mode" and from then on it locks up at the license key. These are its last words before locking up:

/var/tmp/SCDynamicStoreNotifyFileDescriptor-12547

Chilton
10-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi,

That's very wrong.
1) Are you in Leopard or Tiger on your MacBook?
2) Does the Console have anything LightWave related in it?

Thanks,
-Chilton

Roger Harris
10-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Same here...
10.5.5 8 core intel.
Enter license key as above, quit Layout, Restart Layout; back to discovery.

This is on 9.5.1 which I downloaded today. Also, Crashes after about 5 mins regardless of what I do. Trashed all prefs etc. etc. Makes no difference.

Ho Hum

Chilton
10-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Roger,

That's not good. We're certainly not seeing this type of crash at the office, and we have a ton of beta testers hammering on it right now. As far as I know, this isn't something anyone else is seeing (crash after 5 minutes). Would you mind emailing me the crash log?

Thanks,
-Chilton

( [email protected] )

Roger Harris
10-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Hi Chilton,

Never mind. I realised it was crashing because I kept going to Render Globals to try a render and that did it. The issue is all over the beta threads so I won't elaborate here. Awaiting next build......

Thanks
Roger

Devworks
10-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi,
I also downloaded the new beta 9.5.1 today and it opened in discovery mode with no problems. I put in the license key and restarted to end discovery mode as instructed, and now it locks up on boot (both Layout and Modeler). I have to force quit both as they stop responding. I've tried trashing the prefs, restarting , etc. - no help.
LW 9.3.1 still boots with no problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
D
(Mac OS 10.4.11, G5 2.5 GHz quad, 14 gig ram)

Chilton
10-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi Devworks,

Could you please zip and email me your LightWave preferences folder? It's located here:

~/Library/Preferences/LightWave3D

Just zip the whole thing and email it to me. It shouldn't be very big. I'd REALLY like to fix any prefs related bugs ASAP.

Thank you,
-Chilton

( [email protected] )

TheDorm
10-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Same problem here. Only it doesn't lock up on me. I can't seem to get it out of discovery mode. I put the key in and it said license key written. I restart and it says it can't find the license.
Running OS X 10.4.11 on x86

BeeVee
10-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Can't get what out of discovery mode? What build does Layout say you are running? If it's past 1291 are you using a beta license.key? Is it an up-to-date one?

B

TheDorm
10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
LightWave 9.5 beta out of discover mode. I had been using my 9.3 key for it. I went to register the beta but I can't seem to find the 9.5 serial number.

BeeVee
10-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Just register a LightWave 9.5 Open Beta version. You should find it puts the correct serial number in for you by default.

B

TheDorm
10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Perhaps I'm missing something here. I go to register the beta and it doesn't put the correct serial number by default, it doesn't put any number in. It could be that when I signed up for the beta it sent an e-mail to my old work address, which I just found out got shut down. So I might need to get that e-mail resent?
I'm just taking a stab at it.

BeeVee
10-21-2008, 02:03 PM
In that case, and if you've previously registered for the open beta, look in your My Products page for a serial number that starts A1ZD4...

B

TheDorm
10-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Nope, no serial numbers with that number, only A1C31's

BeeVee
10-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Okay, two options :D

1. On the Home screen for your account you may see a "sign up to the LightWave 9.5 open beta" link in-between two of the banners. Click that link and join the open beta again; (at that point the register open beta should have a serial number in there)

2. In your My Downloads page, go to beneath the Patch Release 9.5, Open Beta section to the LightWave v9.x Downloads section, get the final 9.5 and use your LightWave 9 license.key.

B

TheDorm
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
The sign up to the LightWave 9.5 open beta is gone. I'm in the download section and it seems that the final 9.5 is only for windows.

Devworks
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Chilton,
Sorry for delay getting back to you. (Work slam).
Here's the zip file of my lightwave pref folder.
Have not attached file in Lightwave forum before so
not sure if this will work...
If not I can send via regular email.

Thanks much,
D

Roger Harris
10-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Hi Chilton,

Still getting license key problem with 1483. I tried hand typing, copy paste, paste via layout dialog... nothing works. The license key file in my prefs folder has the correct number in it for the beta but layout just doesn't seem to see it. All my other versions run fine, including 8.5 which launched for some reason today when I double-clicked the license file??
Weird.
Having said that, it's all working fine, it's just counting down the days.

cheers
Roger

BeeVee
10-22-2008, 06:27 AM
That's normal for an open beta license.key. The next one will be available in your My Products page when that one is about to expire unless the version in open beta goes final in which case you install the final version and you use your LightWave 9 key with it.

B

Roger Harris
10-22-2008, 07:06 AM
D'oh! Thanks for that Ben. I didn't realise!

Roger

DBMiller
10-26-2008, 07:47 AM
I've been trying to register the mac ub trial version (9.3.1) and the registration field says it's an invalid number. How do I register the trial version? Of course it's Sunday and the offices are closed... DBM

Chilton
10-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Hi,

I've been trying to register the mac ub trial version (9.3.1) and the registration field says it's an invalid number. How do I register the trial version? Of course it's Sunday and the offices are closed... DBM

Could you go through the steps you're using to register it? I don't have access to the registration system, but I might be able to help anyway.

-Chilton

DBMiller
10-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Install trial. Start Layout. A screen comes up with instructions for registration including a number to enter into the reg. field here at NewTek to get a new license key, see attachment. I go to the registration section at my NewTek account and enter the number. I get an invalid number error. It's no big deal. I can call NewTek on Monday but if you have any suggestions that would be great! DBM

Chilton
10-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi,

Install trial. Start Layout. A screen comes up with instructions for registration including a number to enter into the reg. field here at NewTek to get a new license key, see attachment. I go to the registration section at my NewTek account and enter the number. I get an invalid number error. It's no big deal. I can call NewTek on Monday but if you have any suggestions that would be great! DBM

Just covering the basics here, but did you look at and type, or copy and paste the number out of that field when you registered? It looks like it's clipping part of the number.

Thanks,
-Chilton

DBMiller
10-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I tried both. I'll try copy and past again.

DBMiller
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
That was it. It clipped the last letter of the code. I used the right arrow to move over to it. Thanks! DBMiller

boarslight
10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Because 9.5 is still in open beta for the mac you need to use the license.key that's in your My Products page that starts A1ZD4. This is a temporary key that times out after 30 days. The only reason NewTek wouldn't replace it with a new one is that the final release version is out, in which you should install that and use your standard LightWave 9 license.key.

To input a license.key load Layout (the one with the red icon) and choose Help > Enter license.

B

Are you sure that Newtek will renew the Open Beta license after the 30 day period? I'm approaching that mark quickly, and have some projects still in process!!

donny
11-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Yes we have already renewed them.

donc
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I am going to miss a deadline very badly if I don't get this working soon.

How do I get a new license key for my version of Mac LW9.5 UB beta

again help!!!!!!

Thanks,

D

donny
11-05-2008, 10:34 AM
You will have to be running the latest beta version which is 1942.

Ivan_B
11-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Hi Donny,
How is it we can find out what version ie 1472-1942 is available... I thought I had the most recent. Is it a case of download a version every week, install it to find out if its a newer version . Sorry bit confused..you see my serial expired two weeks a go...and only after reading this thread had I found out there is a newer version. Am I missing something in my download section?

BeeVee
11-10-2008, 07:47 AM
The open beta gets updated pretty regularly, sometimes daily. The best way to check is to visit the open beta forum regularly and look for the new build announcements.

B

Ivan_B
11-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks BeeVee
I didn't relies there were announcements...shouldn't that be a sticky.

I just downloaded build 1497 (7 Nov 2008)...looks as though my serial wasn't updated..cos I used the one provided and it did jack..disco mode.

who do I contact for a new serial?

Thanks in advance.
Ivan.

BeeVee
11-10-2008, 12:59 PM
You don't. The license.key in your My Products page is always updated as the older one is running out, except for when the beta has gone final, at which point you download the release version and use your normal LightWave 9 permanent license.key.

B

Ivan_B
11-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Ben,

Thanks...I seem to have found the problem (my fault). I had to completely uninstall the previous Beta version, Then install the latest...this time serial was accepted and I now have 21 days.

Thanks for the info, this will serve well for future Beta testing.

Paul Goodrich
11-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi,

how can I run the 9.5 beta and 9.3.1 at the same time? Do I have to rename the prefs, or move them, or? Thanks

Paul Goodrich

BeeVee
11-13-2008, 01:04 PM
There's a guide to redirecting your configs for the UB version in the beta forum here: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90929

B

CaptainMarlowe
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi everybody, sorry for putting this here, byt I don't have access to the open beta forum even though I subscribed three weeks ago.
My question is : my license key (on the (my products page) has not been renewed for the beta. How can I get the new one ? (and access to the forum ???)

Thanks in advance.

Chilton
11-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Marlowe,

First, nice site :)

To answer your question, just sit tight another day or so. This beta key expired at the end of November, while everyone was on vacation/weekend at NewTek HQ.

-Chilton

CaptainMarlowe
12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi, Chilton, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Marl.

mhogan
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
I have 9.3.1, just purchased a couple of months ago. When 9.5 final is released do we have to pay to upgrade?

Chilton
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Nope!

-Chilton

GATOR
12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I have the exact same question as above, so I'm hoping the reply will be the same. I joined the beta earlier this month (although I don't have access to the forum yet) and over the holidays I've been diving in.

Love it, not a single crash yet, hub is doing it's job, very pleased. But now I've started up a few projects with early January deadlines and the program is telling me I have 7 days left on my temporary license.

Will I be getting an e-mail, or will my products page be updated with a new key at some point? I downloaded the latest build, but I still get the 7 day notice.

GATOR

Kuzey
12-26-2008, 01:19 PM
I think you can just use your 9.3.1 key for now.

Kuzey

GATOR
12-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Tried my 9.3 key, it didn't work.

I'm open to suggestions. My biggest concern is that it's a holiday week and if I have problems, there may be no support.

Backup, I've been told, is saving as a previous version. I'll give that a trial run this weekend.

Chilton
12-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi,

Don't worry about it.

When the beta keys expire, we make new ones.
Usually a day or two before they expire.
If we ship before they expire, you'll just use your existing 9.x key.

-Chilton

GATOR
12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Glad to hear it.

Tick Tick. Three days left.

Two days left will be new years eve

On day left will be new years day

You guys work through the holidays?

:)

GATOR
01-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Downloaded latest build and the registration page had my new key on the last day of the month. Good deal.

Now, Chilton, who do I talk to go get access to the beta forum, in theory I'm told that it'll be the same as going to the regular forum, but when I log in I'll see a new category.

Thx,

GATOR

Chilton
01-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi,

In this version, you can use your normal 9.3 license key. You don't need a beta key anymore.

Unfortunately, I don't know what is required (off the top of my head) to get you into the UB beta forum.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

geothefaust
01-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Hi,

In this version, you can use your normal 9.3 license key. You don't need a beta key anymore.

Unfortunately, I don't know what is required (off the top of my head) to get you into the UB beta forum.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I think Chuck would be the man to hit up for that action, no?

Bueller? Maybe... :D

Daan Muller
01-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Now, Chilton, who do I talk to go get access to the beta forum, in theory I'm told that it'll be the same as going to the regular forum, but when I log in I'll see a new category.

Same here, have registered for the beta (succesfull) more than a month ago, still no acces to the beta forum.

Cheers, Daan

cscardinal
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Where is the latest build available for download? I am running build 1437.

Doh!

Thanks

Chris

cagey5
01-08-2009, 03:06 PM
If you have beta access it's in the same place.