PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else missing Collada and FBX export?

bugzilla
09-16-2008, 06:04 PM
My version of Lightwave 9.5 at work has both Collada and FBX export options, but when I got home to try it out, nothing there. I had Lightwave scan the plugin directory again and restarted. Still no export options.

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to reinstall 9.5. Are these plugins somewhere out there?

jameswillmott
09-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Are they just missing from your menus? Or are they not in the list of loaded plugins?

geothefaust
09-16-2008, 07:08 PM
That seems odd. I didn't think these were plugin types, but rather integrated in the application.

I've used the export a number of times over the last few days, It's working fine for me... Have you tried clearing out your configs? Or uninstalling and reinstalling?

tburbage
09-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Looking at 9.5.0 / Win, "Edit Plug-ins", I see Export COLLADA and Export FBX in the "Modeling" plugin group. They come from Valkyrie.p as does COLLADA/FBX import (but in the "Object Importer" section) . Although I'm not sure, these appear to be used from both Layout and Modeler. Their default menu text is "Export COLLADA" and "Export FBX".

However, I seem to get the best results when using "File > Save > Scene As" to export (using .fbx or .dae extension), and File > Load/Add > Load Scene or Load Items From Scene rather than the export methods. There's no visual indication in those dialogs that COLLADA and FBX are an option, but they do work.

Unfortunately, there is little documentation on these operations -- so far as I know none on what object or scene attributes specifically are supported and which aren't.

bugzilla
09-24-2008, 07:10 AM
I found it but it was in the list of other plugins and not in alphabetical order for some reason.