PDA

View Full Version : XP 64 bit and support(Mac Products)

m4a2000
09-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Has anyone run into any issues running any Mac based software on XP 64 Bit?

Today I found that a student had installed stuff for the iPhone on our VT5(runs XP 64 Bit) yesterday. Since this happened the VT5 has crashed many times... All crashes had to be solved with a hard Shut Down. Once finding the issue we uninstalled and had no porblems. The student will be in class tomorrow and will be read the "You do that again and your GONE!" speach.

Now I know it could have been the student installed the software that could had cause the problems, but I would just like to know if anyone has any issues with 64 bit and Mac software...

jhogarty
09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
On my VT5 box I try to keep it lean and clean. While I do have Quicktime (not the latest,) I have not loaded iTunes on it. It runs the regular XP (32-bit.)

Just to clarify, you mean Apple software, not Mac software. Mac software wouldn't run on XP/Vista. As much as I'm a fan of Apple products (hardware/software,) I'd keep software off that VT box unless you absolutely need it.

I'm not sure what one could use on the Windows side, but I like to backup my OS X drive using SuperDuper before adding stuff I'm not sure about, and even sometimes stuff I do know about (ie. Quicktime updates can really mess with FinalCut Pro.) Right now I have a very stable VT5 and would like to image the drive.

J.