PDA

View Full Version : collada export - no textures

dsdsdsdsd
09-16-2008, 10:12 AM
hello;

it seems that when I export from LW9.5 ( discovery mode ) that my .dae file does not include texture info;

in fact if I search for 'jpg' within my .dae, I get a 'not found' message;

any thoughts?

thanks
Shannon

evolross
09-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Maybe it's a "full version" feature.

dsdsdsdsd
09-16-2008, 02:10 PM
evolross, I wondered about that, but Newtek tech support says it should be working even in discovery mode; they did not have an answer for though; they told me to look at the forum;

thanks,
Shannon

dsdsdsdsd
09-17-2008, 03:39 PM
evolross, I called newtek again today and this time they said that they were not sure if it should or shouldn't be working in discovery mode;

so you might be right;

thanks,
Shannon

Dodgy
09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I've hit thi bug myself and I'm working with the dev to get it fixed (hopefully soon when he has the time!)

dsdsdsdsd
09-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Dodgy, it's nice to hear that there is someone else wanting LW --> collada support;

also - I am now in 'trial mode' instead of 'discovery mode' but still no textures;

it appears that a good .dae file should include a <library_images> node; there may be other things/nodes that are also needed - this is the only thing that I have noticed so far;

Shannon

dsdsdsdsd
09-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Dodgy,

it seems that if you use uv maps in lightwave to apply images to your textures that the images WILL be included in the .dae;

now the problem is that this newly refined .dae is causing pv3d errors:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
at org.papervision3d.objects.parsers::DAE/buildFaces()

I am going to start a new thread to address this issue though;

Shannon

Dodgy
09-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Well when I reference a UV map in a texture, it ends up with the dae export being truncated after the first few lines. I've opened it in notepad and it hasn't got any polygon info in it, just the header data. I'd really like this to work.