PDA

View Full Version : collada export

dsdsdsdsd
09-15-2008, 01:40 PM
hello;

I am exporting from LW9.5 ( downloaded trial version today ) to collada;

there are not any export options, and the .dae file is triggering many errors when I attempt to load the .dae into flash papervision3d;

any known issues with the new collada exporter?

thanks
Shannon

dsdsdsdsd
09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
solution to my problem: I had # symbols included in the names of the layers in lightwave;

so, for example, in Lightwave Modeler I had a layer named "blah:blah_#_blah" ;

it was the '#' that upset papervision3d during the my_DAE.load( my_DAE_filepath ) ;

Shannon

klothilde
09-24-2008, 03:23 AM
I just tried to export a simple ball object and tried to import them into flash via the PV3D extension. It throws the errors:

at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/buildObject()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/parseGeometry()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/parseNode()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/parseScene()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/buildCollada()
at org.papervision3d.objects::Collada/onComplete()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

I'm exporting it out of LW layout. Do I have to export it from modeler?

Any hints are greatly appreciate as it is atm a bit frustrating as I have no clue what's going on.

Is there any help on which options to choose,?

Thanks

dsdsdsdsd
09-24-2008, 08:36 AM
you are correct to use layout to export to collada which will crete a .dae file;

then in flasah pv3d, try using the DAE class instead of the collada class to .load() your .dae file; the collada class is kind of deprecated, whereas DAE class is actively developed;

also I am having a difficult time exporting from LW if I have any uvm's; so if you have any uvm's, remove them for now; then later after you have successfully exported you can go back to experimenting with uvm's;

Shannon

klothilde
09-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Hey there,

thanks for the reply. Will try that tonight. Was actually using the component as a start, just to try the exporting function without going via blender, and once that is sorted will do the whole thing in as3. That's why I also chose to just export a plain sphere and box without any texture maps at all. Just the standard texture with altered colour value.

Am using at the moment the Papervision Collada Component v1.5, so not scripting anything atm.

Will let you know how i go.

Thanks again:D

dsdsdsdsd
09-24-2008, 05:51 PM
klothilde, also be sure to look at the papervision3d forum/newsgroup at:
http://www.nabble.com/Papervision3D-f22855.html

I am moving to Slovenia in April - see you there;

Shannon
Chicago