PDA

View Full Version : possible to export to older LW format?

biliousfrog
09-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I do a little bit of work for a design agency that uses LW8 and often need to supply assets such as models and scenes. Since upgrading to 9.5 I've noticed that the new scenes won't open in earlier versions, even 9.3.1...which is going to be a problem.

Is there a legacy exporter that I'm missing somewhere?

Weetos
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't about exporting objects, but I believe you can save your scene in 5.6, 6.0, and 9.2 formats, using the 'save as ...' menu. As far as objects are concerned, I guess opening them in 8.x won't be a problem just as long as they don't make use of the new features (ie CCs, Nodes, etc.)

biliousfrog
09-15-2008, 11:44 AM
The 'save as...' command just lets me specify a name as far as I can tell. if it should be an option I'll have to trash my config's and try again because there's been a few issues with upgrading from 9.3 so far.

Weetos
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Just thinking ... I think those options are only available when you have the 'Studio Production Style' menu preset selected - sorry I didn't mention that

BeeVee
09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Not even that. The problem is that these menu items are in the default configs and if you haven't gone back to defaults you won't see them. Of course, if you do it also will delete all the careful customisation you've done.

B

GregMalick
09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
You can get the Save 4.0, 5.6, 6.0, 9.2 Scene in the Configure Menus.
What's the problem in setting up a button or hotkey or menuItem for Save 6.0 Scene (assuming that works for LW8)?

biliousfrog
09-16-2008, 03:30 AM
You can get the Save 4.0, 5.6, 6.0, 9.2 Scene in the Configure Menus.
What's the problem in setting up a button or hotkey or menuItem for Save 6.0 Scene (assuming that works for LW8)?

That's great, as long as it's there I can add it.

I think that I'll go back to default config's and start again soon though...It's becoming really confusing having 9.3 on here too because the some of the directory's are shared so maybe uninstall the whole lot and start from scratch.