PDA

View Full Version : question about NEW IK SYSTEM .....

mav3rick
08-01-2003, 05:43 AM
hmm wanted to ask deuce or proton :) will new IK system support EXPRESSIONS and all that MOTION plugins out there... and will it support parenting etc...... to be more clear will it work just like old IK system and will it be open like it.... yea and accesing graph editor is must ......... on live stream i didn't see those stuff and also i didn't see handles... i hope they will be there somehow to ease visual presentation ........
maybe it will be a reaaaaaaal good idea to implement NEW ik system into core... if it is like tool it will be kinda strange to control with all other motion stuff in lw or to say impossyble or maybe not:) who knows..
ah yea and one more q:)
will it work with multiply undo level?:) (do i always need to press U in toolbard above timelive??? or it can be mapped to key)

Paul Lara
08-01-2003, 08:34 AM
We were showing Expressions working with it on the back wall....I'll post examples when I get back....

mav3rick
08-01-2003, 09:04 AM
how about rest... graph editor ... motion copy .... parenting object to ik handles, motion baking, follower, constrains and all that stuff that come with already present IK solution.... it is must to give complete solution else.... no point .... it looks perfect but need to work in all ways..... i hope so.. and yea not to mention 3rd party developers who want to make some aditional plugs that will work with that new IK SOLUTION..............

also one idea wold be great ...

some kind spline deform for BONES
for example u animate spline in layout for tails and than at the end click button to tell specified bones to follow spline deformations(rotation) and to deform along spline.... this will be great adition to avoid IK poping chains that not looks nice on tails ropes etc............

sire
08-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by mav3rick
some kind spline deform for BONES
for example u animate spline in layout for tails and than at the end click button to tell specified bones to follow spline deformations(rotation) and to deform along spline.... this will be great adition to avoid IK poping chains that not looks nice on tails ropes etc............

I'd recommend setting the falloff type of bones to plain "Inverse Distance" for such things. This gives almost spline deformation, especially when the chain has a proper amount of subdivision (enough number of bones in it).

sire
08-04-2003, 08:04 PM
What I'd like to know about the new IK system then is:

On the Sig demos it's said that the chains can now be switched between inverse and forward kinematics "on a per frame basis". That sounds great, but I can imagine sometimes it would be useful to not only have one or the other but to blend between them. How about that?

With other words: I guess the chain solving mode is keyed just like any other parameter. The question is, will this be just a binary switch or a percent value (with like 0=forward, 100=inverse kinematics?)