PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Day!

DiedonD
09-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I cant help but solidarize with all US citizens on this dark day, regardless of...

Id like to express my deep condolences to all who may or may not have relatives that lived and worked on WTC. May they all rest in peace and God bless you all. Or as they say here "May you be healthy"

Best
Diedon Dorambari

Giacomo99
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Thank you. It is appreciated.

MooseDog
09-11-2008, 11:01 AM
ditto

GregMalick
09-11-2008, 11:20 AM
A sincere "mahalo".

Sometimes it feels like the rest of the world hates the US.
It's good for us to remember that's not entirely true.

DiedonD
09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
A sincere "mahalo".

And it will NEVERR be entirely true :o ..... never...

JeffrySG
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Thank you. :)

It's always easy for people to think they hate other countries when they really hate their governments and policies. It's nice to know deep down, we're all just Lightwave users, right?

Wade
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Thank you very much.

Weetos
09-11-2008, 12:00 PM

Yeah especially in western Europe, where so many US soldiers died during WW2, giving their lives for our freedom - we'll be forever in debt for this priceless gift.

Deepest condolences to all the children, parents and friends of those who died on that day - May you guys never be victims of terrorism again.

K-Dawg
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Also my condolences and thx for the condolences too. I'm a dual and 9/11 hit me very hard as many others on this planet. I've heared many reactions and some filled really made me hurt inside.

Weetos. I'm sure your right and about WW2 is definitly true, but we Amercicans must also thank france for helping us for our independence. Without that, we might not be able to help out europe back in WW2.

May this day never be forgotten and remind us, that hate is something that hurts all of us, not just a few.

My Prayers tonight go to the families of the victimes.

Greetz

Chuck
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah especially in western Europe, where so many US soldiers died during WW2, giving their lives for our freedom - we'll be forever in debt for this priceless gift.

Deepest condolences to all the children, parents and friends of those who died on that day - May you guys never be victims of terrorism again.

May the day be close when no one ever is again.

JBT27
09-11-2008, 12:45 PM
May the day be close when no one ever is again.

Amen to that.....if only the world were that simple and the sentiment shared by all.

Julian.

DiedonD
09-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Our troops lit candles today together with a US General here...

Anyone near the WTC area? Ive seen on TV that all victims were honorably called upon on site there...

May hate do its best, and kill ITSELF...

virtualcomposer
09-11-2008, 02:33 PM
My wife was about 3 miles away at the time. She said that she had been in the twin towers just 2 weeks before. It's weird how with something devastating like that how you remember exactly where you were on what you were doing at that very moment. I remember I was walking across the apartments I lived in at the time to see my girlfriend and she told me about the twin towers and the pentagon. It was one of those things that it was such a huge devastating thing to think about, I didn't believe her until I saw the news. The shock factor brings the disbelief for a few minutes. Do you guys remember the rumors that were going around that day to? I thought the end of the world was happening. It was truly a day that changed our country and nothing has been the same since.

DiedonD
09-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh I was with my wife at a Pizza place. It was around 11h to 13h. When I saw that devastation! The disbelief made me think that it was some crazy 3D movie showing on BBC-CNN!

Somethings you think that they just cant happen!

zapper1998
09-11-2008, 03:07 PM
A day that will always be remembered ....

Michael

Matt
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I've visited Ground Zero, it was an incredibly moving experience for me.

My thoughts are with you all.

Stransh
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
i wish any of you, in any country, to never see again such a brutal demonstration of human violence.

Hopper
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I was in the tower closest to Broadway the day before it happened. Luckily I had an emergency with another contract and flew back home. All I could think about for weeks was all the faces I had seen that last day. Unfortunately to this day, I can still see them in my mind as clear as if it were yesterday. I still have nightmares once in a while. I can't even imagine what the families of the victims have to go through every day. I count myself lucky.

T-Light
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I stood in a line of passengers in Newark for ages before looking to my left at this magnificent glass panoramic. New York City, towers and all, three months later I was heading back home through the same airport, couldn't get over the twin towers, looked like two huge black monoliths sprinkled in fairy dust, even in the jet home I stared out the window till they were out of site.

Two years on (9/11) I was in a dissused office above a pie making factory on the outskirts of Darlington (UK), no one around, the PLC had moved to Worcester, it was me and the radio. Couldn't believe what I heard, internet went down, had to lock up and go home to see it for real.

Devastating, still find it hard to believe today.

Best wishes and commisserations to all.

MooseDog
09-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I used to work in the Bankers Trust tower right across the street. Coming up out of the Wall Street subway every morning, I would turn around and look up at the towers. Not just me though, everyone who came out onto the street there!

I was a long ways away up here in Vermont when it happened, had just gotten back from dropping my daughter off at school, and the babysitter comes screeching out the door: they've bombed the trade center!!

Spent the rest of the day glued to the box, wondering where my best mate's uncle (and childhood neighbor) was. Now I know. Seven years on and fifty years old it still brings me to tears.

There's a generosity to the human spirit somewhere though, and I refuse to stop trying to find and enjoy it.

akademus
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Condolences to the families of people who tragically died there.
Only thing we can hope that such tragedy will never hit Americans or any other nation.
Amen to that.

And sincere hopes that US will restore its credibility in places where it was lost.
May the terrorist acts vanish from the face of earth.

blacksmith
09-13-2008, 06:07 AM
Got a mate who's family member was seriously injured there. Terrible thing to happen. We can only pray for time to heal the wounds of people who died or got hurt there and their families too.

ben martin
09-13-2008, 08:44 AM
What worries me the most, is this sad feeling that the 9/11 and all the innocent victims that lost their lives on it (and changed many other lives for ever) are a simple manifestation of how individual, greed, power ambition, insane and crazy a single human being can be and his ability to convince others to disrespect life, liberty and above all the simple write to existence.

This should make us all to meditate about what kind of men/women we are allowing to rule us… someone once said to me:
“If you need to ruin something perfect just give it to the humankind, they surly will screw that up far beyond the point of recognition…”

Actually, we are the cruelest being ruling over this planet, fortunately, like a virus kills its host; we’ll destroy this planet and perish on the act… doing that, we’ll offer a great service to the universe, freeing it from the most deadly menace of all!
Like Shara said: "...We would declare war to Russia..."

Bog
09-14-2008, 06:22 AM
I was in NYC this Thursday, the 11th, and was wakened by the bagpipes from one of the memorial parades.

That city lives. The terrible wound in Manhattan is still a building site. The loss of thousands of innocent lives, cruelly murdered for utterly stupid reasons still hurts. But that's alright. It should hurt, to remember. But there's no despair there. There's no hopelessness. Life goes on, vibrant and powerful. Rebuilding continues apace.

My best throughts to all New Yorkers, and everyone who lost loved ones there, in Philedelphia and at the Pentagon. And my sincerest salute to the FDNY, NYPD and all the emergency services at the other crime scenes.

Matt
09-14-2008, 07:37 AM
I've just watched the History Channel's "102 Minutes That Changed America" which just puts you right in New York on that sad day. It's a very powerful documentary. Made me want to share my experience.

I had just started work when a guy in our office got a text from a friend saying a plane had just hit the WTC, we didn't think much of it at first, dismissing it as a small microlight that probably pinged off the side or something.

Then he got a second text soon after, so I went to the BBC News website to see the entire front page dedicated to it.

It was totally jammed, by the time I refreshed the image one of the towers was down, by the time it refreshed again, the second was gone. It was totally surreal, and we had no idea just how massive an event this was, it just didn't seem real. There was a partners meeting going on at the time, and I kept bursting in saying what had happened.

We also had an American guy working at our office at the time, he had gone outside and was clearly quite upset, shocked and angry. There was little I could say, but he seemed to know without seeing any footage that it was a terrorist event unfolding.

Walking home that day seemed different, it started to dawn on me that things were not going to be the same.

When I visited NYC 4 years after 9/11 I met a girl who worked in a restaurant / bar just off Times Square. I was fascinated to hear an account from someone who was in NYC at the time it happened.

One thing she said has always stuck with me. She spoke about she hardly heard any car horns for weeks after, then one day walking to work she heard her first one, she told me that she thought to herself "we're back!"

I found that quite heart warming.