PDA

View Full Version : Morph madness

bbeltman
09-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Anyone smarter than me--

I have what is probably a simple question...

I'm trying to set up a morph. I model the object, save it, then modify it into it's morphed shape. I then click the little M for morph, save the changed shape as something appropriate, click create. Here's the mystery: when I click back to (base) the morphed shape doesn't change back. What step am I missing? In the videos I have watched, it seems to just snap right back.

Thank you for your time and advice.

--ben

Scazzino
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM
You just need to make the morph map first...

Take your object.

Create a new blank morph map, and select that map.

Then make the changes while the morph map is selected, this makes the changes on the morph map only so when you reselect the base, your original object is still there...

bbeltman
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
thanks, Scazzino. It makes much more sense now. I guess everything I was trying was still from within the same rut.

so simple, once you get it...

Scazzino
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes, basically a morph map is just an alternate set of x,y,z coordinates for each point in the object. So you make a new blank map, move the points around to set the new coordinates for the points in that particular morph map... You can make as many morph maps for an object as you like, just remember to make a new map before changing the point locations, otherwise you're just adjusting the previous map or the base object if no map is selected...