PDA

View Full Version : old cottage

Svenart
09-10-2008, 01:10 PM
http://medievalworlds.com/cottage2008_005t.jpg

Hello together,

this is an reworked version of an old cottage I did some months ago.

You can download this Model in lwo, 3ds and obj format for free here (http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/420104)

Hope you will find the model useful, if you have suggestions or critic just let me know.

You can find more free models here (http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?INTBUNDLEID=&BLSHOWCATEGORYSELECT=false&ISTEXCKEY=&INTMEDIATYPE=-1&FLTRATING=0&INTMINPRICE=&INTMAXPRICE=&ISTEXCAUTHOR=&ISTINCAUTHOR=Medievalworlds&INTSTARTROW=1&INTRATINGCOUNT=0&DATEBEFOREPUB=&INTFILETYPE_1=0&INTFILETYPE_2=0&INTFILETYPE_3=0&STGTYPE=&BLSEARCHGAMEREADYONLY=FALSE&INTCATEGORY=-1&STGBOOLEAN=L&BLAUTHOREXACT=y&FUSEACTION=ProcessSmartSearch&DATEAFTERPUB=&BLKEEPCHECK=n&ISTSEARCHKEY=&stgAD=15J244404040441&stgOrderColumn=A5&intSortOrder=1&blViewType=1&intMaxResults=200)

kopperdrake
09-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Great texturing! How long did it take you to place the stones!!?

Svenart
09-10-2008, 01:41 PM
thank you. I think placing the stones took about 4-6 hours all in all.

virtualcomposer
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
thank you. I think placing the stones took about 4-6 hours all in all.

Thought it would've taken a few minutes. LOL Just kidding. That's an awesome looking cottage. What type of background do you plan to place there?

Svenart
09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
thank you. Im not sure at the moment. I was thinking about first create a few more cottages so I can make a small village. Do you have a suggestion?

virtualcomposer
09-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I bet if you cloned 3-4, moved some of the stones around on each so they don't look identical, change the colour just slightly, I bet it would look really nice. Another idea is to use FiberFX for grass. I've seen other people use it to add realism. For example, put some grass in front of the cottage. I believe there is a tutorial somewhere on this forum to make grass.

adrian
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I really like the thatched roof. Is that a mixture of geometry and texturing?

Nice work :)

Svenart
09-11-2008, 01:21 PM
@ virtualcomposer: I already played around with this fiberfx but I was not able to get a good looking result. More often It crashed unfortunately. Can you give me a link for good looking fiberfx grass? I will try it out

@ adrian: The Roof is almost only textur with bumpmapping and some transparency (at the bottom of the roof).

virtualcomposer
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I've been hearing allot about FFX crashes. I don't have a link since FFX is still kind of new but I do remember seeing something on this forum. Not sure where though. Really like the cottage. Makes me want to go on a nice, quiet vacation.

Andyjaggy
09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Just a suggestion but it seems like you have a lot of wasted polys on the inside of the building. If you deleted the rock faces after they went through the wall you could lighten up this model a lot. Unless of coarse you wanted to see the inside of the building, but I doubt that is the case.

khalid
09-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Great Job.. and nice to see all your models in the list-!! I have seen this list many times and thought they look good ;)

Good luck buddy ;)
k