PDA

View Full Version : MotionBlur animated preview

multipass
09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I know there is a way, but I forgot how. Anyone know how to do an animated motionblur preview?

virtualcomposer
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes, I to would like to know how to do this. I'm not a fan of a really longer render only to find there was to much or to little motion blur.

BeeVee
09-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Motion Blur/DoF animated preview: LightWiki (http://www.lightwiki.com/Interactive_Depth_of_Field) has the answer.

B

multipass
09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
hmm i cant find it in lightwiki. looks like the link you gave is for setting up interactive dof. Im trying to figure out how to enable motion blur animation previewing. I know its possible i just forgot how =(

cagey5
09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
The tab at the top of the window, next to the shading option that is just a down arrow. Click on that and turn on DOF/MB preview... As shown in the link that Ben posted.

multipass
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
ahh ok thanks didnt see it at the bottom

BeeVee
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
And for these purposes DoF and motion blur are the same. Once you have enabled them in your viewport you can make a preview and they'll be in there too.

B

toby
09-11-2008, 02:30 AM
You can always render to Quickshade too.
This new feature seems redundant come to think of it...

BeeVee
09-11-2008, 06:29 AM
You don't think it's nicer to be able to display DoF and MB directly in your viewport?! :eek:

B

virtualcomposer
09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
My 7300 video card doesn't like the motion blur that much but I will be upgrading soon to the 8800 for sure.

toby
09-11-2008, 09:01 PM
You don't think it's nicer to be able to display DoF and MB directly in your viewport?! :eek:

B
They do the exact same thing... I'd rather have new features that we don't already have

BeeVee
09-12-2008, 06:58 AM
They don't. The OpenGL preview is "live" the Shift F9 one has to be pressed for every frame.

B

toby
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I was talking about quickshade providing the same fuction as the animated openGL preview, but now that you mention shiftF9, we actually have 3 tools to do the same thing, albeit in different ways.

Shouldn't the time spent on these multiple featurettes be used to add envelopes or texture buttons to all the features that are still static, or something like that?

imshadi
01-26-2016, 06:11 PM
I don't know about others but I like having DOF and MBlur preview right there as comfortable as possible in real time. However, when you turn on DOF preview it does not give you the same quality as when you press the MBPreview button. The quality on the button depends on the number of base samples you set for your camera, but I can't find a way to increase the quality of the DOF/MBlur Peview option in the viewport. Anyone has any idea?

Shiny_Mike
01-27-2016, 12:10 AM
Try hitting 'd' for Preferences->Display, very bottom you can change value for "DOF/MBlur Preview Passes". That work?

I don't know about others but I like having DOF and MBlur preview right there as comfortable as possible in real time. However, when you turn on DOF preview it does not give you the same quality as when you press the MBPreview button. The quality on the button depends on the number of base samples you set for your camera, but I can't find a way to increase the quality of the DOF/MBlur Peview option in the viewport. Anyone has any idea?

Kaptive
01-27-2016, 03:11 AM
Try hitting 'd' for Preferences->Display, very bottom you can change value for "DOF/MBlur Preview Passes". That work?

Oh, great tip. All this time and I'd never noticed that setting. Many thanks, useful!

imshadi
03-28-2016, 02:46 PM

Thanks!! It works, both for DOF and Motion Blur, in real time in Open GL. Now that's cool.