PDA

View Full Version : selecting polygons after all put together

lreyes
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM
After combining a model with legs, arms, body, etc., into one complete object, how do I select the arm if I want to change it without selecting the body polygons? Is there a way I can just select a few point or polygons in the leg and select the whole legs without disturbing other polygons.:help:

Stunt Pixels
09-09-2008, 03:09 PM
You're probably after point selection sets. You can select all the appropriate points and then define them as a set. After that it's only a couple of clicks in the Vertex Maps panel to reselect the set.

lreyes
09-09-2008, 06:37 PM
do you do that before you construct the main object or after you have them together...??:)

Stunt Pixels
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Either.

If you're modeling them in separate layers it's easier to create the set for the whole layer before copying them into the one master layer. Once they are all in one layer, you have to go through and select the points/polys that make up the objects you want selection sets for. It should be fairly easy though - just select the hand or foot, and expend selection up the leg/arm as far as you want it then tweak to suit.

Actually, if they are unconnected - which it sounds like if you modeled them in separate layers... You can just select one poly, then "Select Connected". You won't need selection sets then...