PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Deuce and William!

allaboutkeys
07-31-2003, 06:00 PM
You guys did a great job!

Thanks to the whole NewTek team for bringing the show to users all over the world!

shermanlu
07-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Sure they did!!!
Great job...Deuce+William... & Thx NT...

Trulsi
07-31-2003, 06:09 PM
I second that!

trygve
07-31-2003, 06:09 PM
Yes, and they were funny too. :D

The streams have been of excellent quality. Thanks a lot.

polarman3d
07-31-2003, 06:10 PM
MANY thanks! You guys did an awesome job! I just wish I could have been there in person...

Lewis
07-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Yeh, i would say 20 thumbs UP for them :), Really nice show :o .

CB_3D
07-31-2003, 06:26 PM
yep, great show! great use of the internet!

Congrats from Portugal to all involved

Chris Burkert

milkman
07-31-2003, 06:27 PM
Congrats! Great show!

I enjoyed watching the stream.

You guys did a great job! THANKS!

Psyhke
07-31-2003, 06:29 PM
Yeah, it was fun to watch sneak peaks of LW8 all day while working! :)

I thought Celshader did a great job, too. Very concise.

eggy
07-31-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah this Laurel and Hardy kinda Tv shopping presentation was great !!!:D

No, really was great !!!

That’s just Newtek, “if you buy Lightwave right know you will also receive this knife set and I just can’t belive it you will also get this nice colored…
(ok, Newtek gave us DFX+ instead.)

And I really meant this as compliment, seriously great job.:)

Alan Daniels
07-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Toss in my two cents as well. Thanks for a great show guys! (Drooling while looking forward to LW8...)

takkun
07-31-2003, 09:18 PM
Yes, Proton and Deuce make a great presentation duo. The crowds were a bit tame, Deuce was always trying to get a reaction from the crowd, but it was like that at the whole convention.

Earl
07-31-2003, 09:20 PM
Agreed! Being able to watch the show while at work was great. Added some fun to the day(s). The reels were nicely put together as well. Thanks NewTek!

Rich
07-31-2003, 09:33 PM
i wish we could have Newtek TV everyday :) The quality was great most of the time. Thanks for the awsome show! Hope you guys stream again at next years Siggraph.

beverins
07-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Simply marvelous! thanks sooo much for an excellent show.

I am sad to see it over.

GruvSyco
07-31-2003, 11:04 PM
Great job... I would love to see Proton do a weekly or monthly modeling session broadcast live from Newtek headquarters. Maybe an hour long thing. They get visitors all the time, they could even have guest modelers.

badllarma
07-31-2003, 11:34 PM
Really loved the video streaming based over in the UK so it's good to how LW 8 is shaping up and to see Deuce and Proton on stage in action.

I think there maybe a TV career there :D

Really looking forward to my upgrade now and to play with all those cool tools.

GruvSyco thats a great idea maybe as lightwave 8 ships would be a really great time, Lightwave TV just love it!

hrgiger
07-31-2003, 11:43 PM
That is a good idea GruvSyco.

It would be nice to have occasional streaming tutorials done by different people.

Thanks to Newtek and all the people involved for bringing us Siggraph.

Psyhke
07-31-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by GruvSyco
Great job... I would love to see Proton do a weekly or monthly modeling session broadcast live from Newtek headquarters. Maybe an hour long thing. They get visitors all the time, they could even have guest modelers.

Excellent idea, I think. Good marketing idea too.

Spamkill
07-31-2003, 11:59 PM
You guys did an awesome job. The floppy squid was cool, but poking the 3D piggy ruled!

Dodgy
08-01-2003, 02:08 AM
They did a cool and groovy job, I even learnt something about 7.5 which I didn't know!

Exper
08-01-2003, 02:16 AM
:D
Thanks a lot!

Bytehawk
08-01-2003, 04:34 AM
yeah cheers to y'all enjoyed the stream a lot

Matt
08-01-2003, 05:07 AM
yep, count me in with the praise too, great job guys!! :)

bobakabob
08-01-2003, 06:38 AM
Great work guys... the video streams here in the UK were superb. Entertaining and very informative. Hilarious rapport between Deuce and Proton (sounds like a postmodernist comedy double act in the making). Guest appearances were excellent too.

Vision1
08-01-2003, 06:39 AM
nice job and yes more video tutorials would be nice or put them on cd :rolleyes:

Elmar Moelzer
08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Hello
I have only managed to see some bits and pieces of the stream (someone was nice enough to record them and put them online). I wished I could have seen more. It was really excellent stuff!
The show at last Siggraph was great, but this year seems to have been even better. Much better! Deuce and William are a great team on stage and I really loved the guests. Don from Area51 was hillarious. I also really loved the bones- demo by Larry (unfortunately due to the recording the quality the bones were hard to see if not invisible at all).
Please attach a video- dec to the VT next year and record the stream so people can DL it and watch it offline in higher quality at a later date. For some weird reason my DSL- connection was real crap just the time the stream played (stupid Telekom Austria).
CU
Elmar

sadkkf
08-01-2003, 08:08 AM
Yes! Excellent work, guys!

Any chance the source files they used will be posted somewhere? Pretty please?

pblacklock
08-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Awesome job guys. Looking forward to L8.

Paul

policarpo
08-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Great Job guys!

Next time you do this, Deuce and William should give out their mobile #'s so we can send text messages to them to distract them and make them do even cooler and hilarious things!

You guys rocked! It was great to watch!

Jockomo
08-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Great job guys, really enjoyed watching the stream. Came in nice and clear.

Another vote for the weekly Will and Deuce show.

Really if anyone has the capability to host a web show it's Newtek.
It would be nice to see what could happen when you guys can take your time and get into something without having to repeat yourselves all day. Perhaps Will could take it on the road when he does his tours.

Matt
08-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by policarpo
Next time you do this, Deuce and William should give out their mobile #'s so we can send text messages to them to distract them and make them do even cooler and hilarious things!

I was thinking the exact same thing when Deuce received a text message during the second day!!!

Would have been fun to send random texts!!! :)

(Mind you I'd have to buy one of those 'orrible mobile phone things! Eurgh!)

ChrisS
08-01-2003, 11:13 AM
It was a great show. The new tools coming up look awesome! Can't wait! I think that I can really sense the new attitude and positive outlook.
Does my heart good to be a NewTek customer.

philip
08-01-2003, 11:22 AM
yes, it was awesome! I watched all 3 days almost entirely while working. I found it very exciting. Also it seems as if NT was the only company doing this.

thanks NT

thekho
08-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Great job guys. Thanks for the excellent show!!! That's what make me want to buy the awesome Lightwave 8 :D

cagey5
08-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah more thumbs up here in the UK too. I lost count of how many hours I sat watching Newtek TV.

Big, Big thumbs up from your guest presenters too:-

Spline God - Who loves ya baby. Very impressive.
Celshader - makes me want to go and explore that technique a whole lot more.
The guys from Area 51. - Awesome and all in Lightwave.
The simple canyon build from points and hypervoxels ... all inspiring stuff.
Meni and all the others too ... Thanks for the show.

cresshead
08-01-2003, 12:49 PM
hi, briliant show...streamed over the net to the u.k with a good rate of frames..not much dropout at all..so well done.

also i'd like to say that newtek are maybe the only exhibitor to stream their show live over the net...and for free.

some people on the discreet web board were hoping for a broadcast like newtek's seeing as discreet is such a huge outfit with producxts like cleaner and combustion they could show off the new max6 to it's potential audience all over the world...they chose not to..so missed that one...shame.

lightwave's new features in 8 regarding the instant ik and bone dynamix etc are ace..can't wait to see all the other stuff your doing for the renderer/lights and modeler too.

keep up the excellent work

steve g
:cool:

Elmar Moelzer
08-01-2003, 02:18 PM
I have been sugesting that for a long time already. NT needs its own web- tv- channel. You know William could demo new techniques every week live. The they could repeat it and the other older ones (and mek them availble for DL.
There could be a real tv- show going on. Could be the perfect promo for the VT. What other company in this field has their own tv- station? And then entirely run with their own products!!
CU
Elmar

KenM
08-01-2003, 04:48 PM
I agree, Elmar, it would be cool to see such a thing happen. I enjoyed the tutorials of the other well-known but not-often seen guests in action. Larry and Jennifer, well-done! The banter between Deuce and William was fun to watch evolve too. The streaming technically was flawless to my computer.