PDA

View Full Version : Advice DELL UltraSharp 2009W / DELL UltraSharp 2208WFP

Matt
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
After much buying and sending back of 24" monitors, I've come to the conclusion that I might go for something smaller (but widescreen) and less expensive, but yet is larger than the 19" (non widescreen) I have now.

Does anyone own either of these monitors?

DELL UltraSharp 20" Wide (2009W) / DELL UltraSharp 22" Wide (2208WFP)

I know they are TN screens, so viewing angles / colours won't be amazing, but the screen I have now is a TN and it's been fine, I need the space more than anything, although 24" wide was actually just too big for me.

Just want to know of any bad experiences with them people might have had with either of these.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

BeeVee
09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Hey Matt,

Don't know about those but I've been very happy with my Samsung 226bw 22" monitor (1680x1050). They've brought out a new one now I think that also has a webcam built into the surround...

B
PS> I do have a Dell UltraSharp 2000FP from the old 4:3 days that's very nice.

jhogarty
09-08-2008, 08:29 AM
At work I use the 22" wide screen, E228WFP. As a general use monitor, it is great for the price. However, I find the colors not as good as my Apple Cinema Display at home. The Dell leans toward blacks it seems.

I find for as close as I sit, a 22 or 23" display is perfect.

J.

ctuller
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I have a pair of 2208WFPs. I highly reccommend the dual (or triple) monitor setup if you can stretch the space. I don't think I can work on a single monitor after doing dual for 4 years.

As for the Dells I'd say that are adequate, not the best but generally affordable.

doimus
09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I was also thinking between 22" and 24" monitors. TN, S-PVA and all that stuff....
I'm torn between Lenovo 220x (22" but 1920x1200 resolution) and some generic (as in Samsung, Dell, Lenovo whatever, they're basically all the same) TN 22" screen. For little more than the price od 24" good screen I could get dual 22" "bad TN" setup. Tempting.

I'm currently on single 19", 25ms response, old school Samsung with excellent colors and viewing angle, but also with included motion blur by default :) and tend to lean more towards 22", since the vertical dimension and resolution is about the same, so I could use this 19-incher as second monitor.

Then again, there are cheaper TN matrix 24" Dells - that could be an option also....
How big are those 24-inch screens actually, and is higher resolution actually necessary? Especially in LW where there isn't much clutter on screen compared to other 3d apps.