PDA

View Full Version : Mac 3D community

Karl Hansson
07-31-2003, 04:30 PM
OK this is probably a silly idea. What if us Mac 3D users were to form a association to protect our interests. For instance it would serv to put presure on to apple for better 3D support, and on to the graphic card makers to make better graphic cards and so on. At least it would be interesting to know how many are using 3D on the mac. Just a thought...

mlinde
07-31-2003, 04:37 PM
An interesting idea, but there's a lot of groundwork to be done to set something like this up. I'd sign up, but I don't know if I have the time to set it up -- and I don't know any Maya Mac folks here in Denver...

Anybody else?

drclare
07-31-2003, 06:55 PM
How about pressuring Newtek to beef up the lightwave mac version?

This sounds intersting to me. Are you thinking of an internet based thing? Cause i think that would work best, more people could be associated.

Karl Hansson
07-31-2003, 11:03 PM
Yes internetbased would probably be the best. It would be nice to show people and companies who are in doubt that there are quite a few Mac 3D artists. Yes it would probably be alot of work. Any ideas how such an homepage would look like?

Triple G
07-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Hmmm....I'd be interested in something like that. Not exactly sure what it would entail, but I'd definitely be interested.

drclare
08-01-2003, 01:39 AM
Not sure what a homepage would look like as im not sure yet what exactly this group would do. I would be willing to offer any artwork, design, flash design though.

harlan
08-01-2003, 02:04 AM
Hmmm, this is a bit ironic, but I've been in the process of putting something similar to this concept together for both Mac users and another for VariCam (HD Camera) users.

The progress is slow going as I'm doing them myself, but if some of you cats want to jump in and help out a little, I think we can put together a nice resource.

brownie
08-01-2003, 03:47 AM
I'm your man.

fxgeek
08-01-2003, 05:20 AM
I am currently in the progress of developing a site for Mac Based post production professionals. It will be focused on 3d and Compositing / Visual Effects as I dont feel that there is any other site covering this properly. However it is not going to be my day job so It will be limited in what I can get done. I would welcome any feedback on this idea and what kind of things you would like to see.

email me at: [email protected]

You can see a kind of trial of the type of articles etc that I will be including myself on my blog at

http://www.thomas-fitzgerald.net/mt_test

I like you believe more needs to be done to promote the Mac 3d community as I have always firmly believed (and now so do others) that 3d has a very strong future on the Mac with OSX and now with the G5. Having worked with SGI and Win2K machines for years I really do see it as the way to go

battery555
08-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Hmm... If my weak vioce could reach NT, i'm more than clad to help. But how?:confused:

Karl Hansson
08-01-2003, 11:44 AM
One thing I thought of is to have product/company verdict where the company in question can be awarded ie "Excellent Macsupport" or "Poor Macsupport" or something like that, based on the voting from the users. Users should also be able to tell what they like/dislike about the company/product in question.

Karl Hansson
08-01-2003, 12:27 PM
I think it is good to also have stories of projects (big and small) where the mac was used for 3D. I think it's important that we start promoting 3D on the mac.

Thomas your page looks beautifull. Unfortuntly I am not very good at webpage design but I more than willing to contribute with what ever I can for the cause.