PDA

View Full Version : DVE Missing Icons

SteelPicR
09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I had a problem with a project that would not load. In the process of trouble shooting, tech support advised me to delete the NT info files. It could be that I misunderstood and deleted one that I should have not deleted but now the roll over icons for all of my DVE's are gone and with no way to see the DVE before adding it to the project, it is time consuming to find a DVE that fits the desired use. Can anyone tell me how to get the icons working again?

Thanks, Robby

Scott Bates
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
What Tech Support would have meant (but maybe not said) was to delete only the info files in the NewTek Info sub directories within the directories where your source clips reside. My guess is that you also deleted all the info files in your DVE directories. If that's the case then you'll have to reinstall the DVE's from the NewTek DVD's/CD's. Depends which VT version you're running, but hopefully they're on the Content disc(s) so you won't have to reinstall the entire program.

SteelPicR
09-09-2008, 05:51 PM
The files had been deleted. I found them in the recycle bin and just restored. All is well again. Thanks for the post.