PDA

View Full Version : GPI / Tally Pinouts

Keith Goodyer
02-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Could sombody please post the pin outs for the GPI / Tally D-Type connector. Also could you provide electrical specifications for them.

What can I drive with Tally Outputs? LED's, Relays? I want to connect them up to the Tally Inputs of my SONY BVP Cameras. Any Hints?

Are the GPI inputs Tristate?, Do I take them High or Low to Activate?

ToasterScript was pitched as a method of providing external control, I dont mind writing my scripts (I'v just about masterd that bit) but how do I read an external device in ToasterScript, other than the keyboard (e.g RS232, LPT, MIDI, Game Port anything).

Thanks In Advance

Keith

Faraz
02-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Here's the pinout information:

Link (http://www.toastersupport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=344&highlight=tally&sid=399c6049f281ba48ed13790ac0d5d59c)

In the Toaster Script folder for the switcher, there is a text file describing Toaster Functions. At the end of the file, it has some examples concerning GPI.

techtwist
12-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Faraz,

What is the configuration if connecting to a Sony CCU-TX7? Because we have tried connecting LEDs 1-8 and the ground to the CCU but the problem is all of the LEDs on the CCU would light up so there is no way to know which is currently on-air.

Thank you very much.

jhellein
12-09-2003, 02:28 PM
I have a wiring diagram (PDF file) for the GPI/Tally port. I had a friend of mine (who just happens to be an electrical engineer) build a self-contained tally system that we attach to our PD150s for live shoots.

If you wld like the file, please email me at [email protected]

jhellein
12-24-2005, 04:37 PM
The wiring diagram is now available here (http://www.tzemach.org/files/referencegpi.pdf).

French VT
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi there!

Thanks for posting the diagram. I'm definetely not into electronics but I can give the document to someone who is. Before I do so, I just want to check that this diagram is showing a way to do what I need.

I use 3 Sony CCUs M-7 as inputs on the VT. Before we had VT4, we had a JVC KM 3000 and the tallies were working just fine on the cameras. Since we changed, no more tallies. It's my understanding from what I read on this forum that the signal sent is not "strong" enough...

Doe your diagram present a way to make it "stronger"? If not and if this has already be dealt with on another thread, please point me into the right direction. I did search for it, but didn't understand if what I was reading was what I needed! Hey, what can I say? I'm French and not on the electronics side! :D

Thanks for your time!
Karine