PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 obj import...

phile
09-05-2008, 10:10 AM
... is a lot less useful than it was in 9.3.1 - the new native mtl import isn't up to much:
- it sometimes loads multiple copies of the same bitmap
- if it can't find a bitmap, and that bitmap is used in several different surfaces, it doesn't remember so you have to tell it where to find it every time.

At least give us the option of importing the obj only and not the mtl file (ie how 9.3.1 did it) so that we can use a proper mtl importer like the MGMTLimport plugin.

I know you can just move the mtl file elsewhere when importing the obj, but then 9.5 apparently just applies the default surface to the entire model instead of assigning surfaces correctly.

Of course, I may have neglected to read the relevant bit of the manual. I would like to think so, anyway.

Phil

Chuck
09-05-2008, 04:08 PM
For any problems you may encounter where the new OBJ I/O does not seem to be performing properly, enter a bug report via our bug reporting system with the content and steps needed to duplicate the issue. We'll work on resolving any reported issues.

Also, such issues should be posted in the support forums. The v9.5 Discussion forum is for discussions of how to get the best out of the features new in v9.5.

I've relocated this thread.

itchy
09-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Moved post to proper place