PDA

View Full Version : Saving edge selections

Philbert
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Is there some way to save an edge selection? I just spent like 10 minutes carefully selecting about a hundred specific edges, only to accidentally click the interface and have them all cleared out. There aren't too many things that make me vocalize my frustration with foul language, but that's one of them.

Sensei
09-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Our SelectionPresetManager http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/SelectionPresetManager could be updated with edge support..

toby
09-05-2008, 11:44 PM
One hack I used to do was to move everything I'd selected so far, then undo it, and continue selecting. If I slipped and lost the selection I'd just have to redo and undo, and I'd get the selection back, up to the point that I moved everything.

jpleonard
09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Could you not select the edges you want, choose the select point command from the drop down menu under the Select button, save those points as a selection set, and then when you want those edges, just choose that point selection set and go back to the Select button and choose select edges to get that same group of edges?

geothefaust
09-06-2008, 10:41 AM
One hack I used to do was to move everything I'd selected so far, then undo it, and continue selecting. If I slipped and lost the selection I'd just have to redo and undo, and I'd get the selection back, up to the point that I moved everything.

That's what I've been doing for a while now, lol. It feels like some kind of cheat, but hey, it works.

Sensei
09-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Could you not select the edges you want, choose the select point command from the drop down menu under the Select button, save those points as a selection set, and then when you want those edges, just choose that point selection set and go back to the Select button and choose select edges to get that same group of edges?

That will work only with simple cases..
f.e. make quad, select 3 edges, use your method, and you should have all 4 edges selected instead of original 3..

jpleonard
09-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Just was a quick thought, you're right though Sensei.

Philbert
09-06-2008, 11:07 AM

That's a good idea, never thought about that. I do often just Undo, then Redo and sometimes that works, sometimes not.