PDA

View Full Version : Layout View Limitation

Troy Stacey
09-04-2008, 08:40 PM
So, I've had this issue with Layout ever since I upgraded to 6.5 from 6, and it still exists in v.9, 9.2, and now still with 9.3.1 (all Mac). The problem appears only after loading the first object. In any view (perspective, camera, light, etc.) there is an invisible limit of sorts, where everything in the view (wireframes, grid lines, motion lines, everything) disappears if I move the view too close by zooming in. The limit itself moves too - it is inversely proportionate to how far or close I am zoomed. Far back, no limit, move in closer, limit moves out, keep zooming in, eventually the limit will move out enough to make everything disappear. The only workaround is for me to open an old v6.0 scene file and delete all objects and save as. I'm sure this is some dumb setting I've missed - although I don't see a need for a setting like this.

Giacomo99
09-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Go into Preferences. Click the "Fixed Near Clip Dist." box and change the value in the the input box. If I understand your problem correctly, you should be able to solve your problem by specifying a sufficently low value for clipping. I can't tell you what number to type in because it's all dependent on the size of the object.

Troy Stacey
09-05-2008, 06:48 PM
That was it. I knew I'd feel dumb. Thanks much.

toby
09-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Or turn off fixed near clip and just change your grid size to fit your scene better. It's assumed that if your grid size is 100m, you won't be 10mm away from the object you want to see.