PDA

View Full Version : Redesigned LightWave 3D site is LIVE

Paul Lara
09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
We are pleased to announce that the redesigned LightWave 3D Web site is now live. Designed to evolve and grow, the new Web site includes:

All new LightWave v9.5 content and imagery
All CSS, multi-browser accessibility (performs the same in every browser)
Front page animation showcasing compelling LightWave artwork

Visit: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/index.php.

Enjoy,

NewTek

lardbros
09-04-2008, 11:34 AM
NIIIIIICE!! I moaned alot about the sites before, mainly due to old stuff that was kept there for years... but this is truly becoming a nice place... im happy about everything you guys are doing these days, and it feels like it's all coming together after all your hard work.

I feel tearful!

This is great!

jpleonard
09-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Love the new Lightwave 3D page. I'm glad to see your product page is now focused more on realistic uses of Lightwave and Production usage. I still love all the cartoon style stuff, but I think this will help open new doors to potential Lightwave buyers.

3DGFXStudios
09-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Finally something new on it!!! Nice!

Tom2007
09-04-2008, 12:14 PM
The new site is fantastic !

I think it will be a tremendous asset for getting new people into Lightwave.

The training section with videos is awesome. Very comprehensive and well organized. I haven't seen anything like that on any other companies web site.

Very nice how they profile/summarize all the projects that have used Lightwave.

cresshead
09-04-2008, 12:15 PM
excellent!

nice one..put's the quality of lightwave over very well.

iconoclasty
09-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Love the end of the reel when it swings together as the LW box. Very nice.

Boris
09-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Gotta love the Larry the Cable Guy-esque tag line.

snsmoore
09-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I really like the production emphasis. I don't even know if the old site had the profiles section, but after the 9.5 imagery, the 1st thing I went to on the new site was the user profiles. I'm definitely going to have to see "300" just to see the effects done in LW by Pixel Magic and Screaming Death Monkey. I really like the arrangement on the new site!

riki
09-04-2008, 07:22 PM
The new site look awesome.

alvin_cgi
09-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Looks very professional:thumbsup:

Now... what about Newtek.com, look pretty old to me!

Stooch
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
hell yeah. finally. now it looks professional.

edit. the blue text on the bottom. if they are visited hyperlinks the bright blue is a HUGE NO NO on a black background. it hurts my eyes its so bad.

i recommend you make the visited links the same shade as the surrounding text. so taht it blends in after being seen. and white when normal. to kinda match the rest of the theme.

Earl
09-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I love the redesign. It's such an improvement over the previous design. The frontpage animation is a great intro, and like others have said, the ending with it all wrapping up into the LW box is slick.

The emphasis on speed is a good choice. In particular, on this page http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/getitdone.php the various images that cycle through are quite effective.

I'm not too fond of the "Get it done" slogin. Mainly because it's so similar to Larry the Cable Guy, and I can't stand him. :D

akademus
09-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Cool, some fresh air at last. Yup, NewTek site also needs redesign.

COBRASoft
09-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Now let's hope they keep it updated more often, that would be even better than this new, great site :)

jhogarty
09-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Think the new site is awesome! Nice to see it catch up, no, pass that of the Tricaster part of the site. :)

Hope to see more great changes,

J.

richcz3
09-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Its been a long time coming but its great to see the production side of Lightwave being promoted. Now this is something an interested buyer might find more compelling. Very well done! .... now keep it updated :D

DiscreetFX
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
It looks really nice Paul.

DiedonD
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Great intro. Will it have a forum like this one. Its not opening here, is it ready?

Salv8or
09-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Woow.. Finaly, some real competetive stuff.. I almost got tears in my eyes.
Great work to the designers, and also to newtek PR team who managed to gather some real hot stuff to present on the page, and showing of what LW can do..

awesome. *****

//salv8or

Nemoid
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I loved the intro very much! and i like the overall design a lot.:thumbsup:

the only part i'd make some small fix is the header. most of all i'd make see better the lw logo on the right. maybe just exactly as it happens to be in the package graphic.
composition with the Lightwave writing could be more elegant.

this is just my opinion and these are very minor things. tho.

so change that immediately !!! :D

ben martin
09-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Very cool!!! How about a new Lightwave redesign? :hey:

eagleeyed
09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
On regards to the website, I have found a bug. I have only looked at one user profile, but this bug exists all over poor Darren Lutz's.
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/profile_detail.php?recordID=1

All the links are directing wrong. Here is a direct example:
newtek.com/lightwave/%22http://www.balancestudios.com/en-us/animation/default.aspx?mid=2%22
(I have removed the "http://www." to prevent it vBulletin turning it into a link)

As you can see it is putting the full Newtek Lightwave address before the link you are wanting to go too, which makes the browser redirect to the Newtek 404 Page.

-Typo- Can you give us some background on the images at left?
The images are not on the left any more so the last two words just need to be easily deleted.

This interview also asks about if the user has tried 9.2. Old interview I know. Not sure if you would still want that in there though, considering we are two stages ahead now.
(I have noticed several other profile pages also talk about 9.2)
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/profile_detail.php?recordID=54

- Typo - Can you give us some background on the images at left?
Same problem as above. This may be a widespread issue with most profiles. Luckily not a huge issue.
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/profile_detail.php?recordID=56

toby
09-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Holy Shizzle, HOW did you get the Siggraph videos to look so GOOD at such a resolution and play realtime??? That's the best video quality I've ever seen without having to sit and wait!

Earl
09-06-2008, 01:52 AM
I also noticed there's a dedicated "Sites Credit" page for the LW site. Very classy, NewTek. Really, this is such an improvement over the old. While I think some of the lists and text could be improved, it's very well done over all.

Besides, there's always some room for improvement.

Cageman
09-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Holy Shizzle, HOW did you get the Siggraph videos to look so GOOD at such a resolution and play realtime??? That's the best video quality I've ever seen without having to sit and wait!

Somehow, I imagine their videohardware has been involved in that process. ;)

toby
09-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Sure, but that doesn't explain the streaming speed. I'm sure they allow more bandwidth than youtube but the large resolution and lack of compression artifacts while still streaming real-time is impressive. Well done, gentlemen.

Nemoid
09-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey Paul, since i'm one of co-founders of it, would like to thank you to have included the LwITA website link among the Lightwave related site! :beerchug::jam: