PDA

View Full Version : VT5 and Stickam

bhstvteacher
09-03-2008, 01:08 PM
I am trying to stream via stickam and the image I am sending out is cutting off 1/3 of the screen on each side. I realize there will be fall off, but this has got to be a settings issue. Anyone know what settings I am missing?

bhstvteacher

billmi
09-04-2008, 06:54 AM
That's the way Stickam does it - and Mogulus and Ustream. By cropping the stream, the encoder, which is running as a flash, doesn't have to scale the video - less math for it to do.

I know there is a way to go full-screen with Ustream, but you have to contact Ustream to get your account set up for it. There's been discussion in the Tricaster forum about downloading Adobe's flash encoder and how to get that to push to Mogulus instead of using the Flash based interface, and I think that will scale the video instead of crop, but haven't tried it yet.

I have tried ZapLive.tv with VT[5] and through it's standard Flash based interface, it encodes full res with no problem.

bhstvteacher
09-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Stickam and Zaptv work, but I can't get U stream to work. It gives me the following inormaiton; No camera has been detected. Please connect a camera and restart your broadcaster. I hqave it set the exact way I have it for the Stickam and Zaptv. Any ideas?

lvsoule
09-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Stickam has a way of fixing this, but you have to be the administrator of the stickam account. If you are just joining someone else's stickam broadcast, they have to fix it for you. It is in the prefence. It is the AllowFullScreen="True"- once you change this U will lose that cropping problem.

davedude
07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Actually there is another way to fix it so you can stream to stickam correctly in your own channel and someone else's channel.

Download the free application manycam

www.manycam.com

Set the video SOURCE on manycam to the VT capture device

then set the CAMERA input on STICKAM to MANYCAM

Now your full screen will transmit to stickam without cropping the video.

davedude
10-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I just wanted to update this thread ..

I gave up manycam because it uses too much CPU power and doesn't work in a 64 bit OS. If you are using a 64 bit OS (XP64/Vista 64/Windows 7 64) I recommend this product.

http://www.shiningmorning.com/

It's called "Magic Camera" and its the only thing I can find that will capture the VT video device in a 64 bit OS and then you can set Stickam (or any other video streaming website that uses Flash) to the virtual magic camera driver. I have had no issues so far and I run this in Windows 7 64 bit.