PDA

View Full Version : A Geosphere for Lightwave?

virtualcomposer
09-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I think what would be cool for the final version of 9.5.1 for mac would be a geosphere. I know other 3D programs have one and it would be really cool to have something that was specifically designed for atmosphere making without using and constantly adjusting a normal sphere. The Geosphere could have specific controls on atmospheric type looks. Just a thought but I think it would be great to have for the final version of 9.5.1. What do you think?

MooseDog
09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
maybe i'm missing something, but what's the difference between a geosphere and a giant ball with flipped normals? except, reading closely, DOH!, maybe texturing dedicated to cloud formations.

virtualcomposer
09-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Well, a geosphere would be made specifically for atmospheric conditions so the controls you would have would be catered to and labeled for an atmosphere like "more haze" and stuff like that. That would be cool to have one or two controls so that if I'm "getting closer or angling into an atmosphere, I could easily make it hazier or thicker in one control. I don't like having to adjust 3 different plugins and 8 different controls if I decide to move around or get closer just to get some sort of realism.