PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Newtek and Eyeon! (and DMG publishing:-)

Trulsi
07-31-2003, 06:47 AM
I took advantage of the DFX+ deal, and got myself an excuse to learn about compositing (it's nothing but fun. DFX feels so right!), an upgrade from academic to commercial license, and some good animation tools when LW8 comes out. I already have a lot of things to use the dynamics for, and LW8 might even convince me to try some character animation (which I won't touch with a 30-foot flagpole).

mrunion
07-31-2003, 07:00 AM
Heh. I ordered the LW8 and DFX+ upgrade yesterday evening. I too think it will be a whole new world for me with getting to play with composting and such.

Can't wait for 8! :D

colkai
07-31-2003, 07:38 AM
The wife e-mailed before - apparently I have a "very heavy" package that was delivered waiting for me when I get home.

...And seeing as I've only ordered one thing lately ...WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!
:D

ChrisS
07-31-2003, 08:36 AM
I gotta agree, it's pretty cool.
Finally got to upgrade my home version. Been working with 6.5 at work, but 7.5 is SWEET. Can't wait for eight!

Got a little time to play with DFX (not as much as I'd like just yet). Being me, I started playing with it without looking at the manual. The interface is kinda odd, but quite intuitive. Never worked in a comping app before, but playing with the supplied footage I had a good bluescreen comp in about five minutes. Again, without looking at the manual.
Very neat indeed.

Trulsi
07-31-2003, 02:27 PM
Tried doing some stuff without the manual and it was a bit strange, but after watching the videos on the DVD I saw the light and as I said, it just feels right. Tried After effects once and I believe it had only a messy timeline (am I correct? no node-based stuff?). The node-based approach makes me much more comfortable.

colkai
07-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Duh,
Videos on the DVD ???
All I could see was the courseware - or do you have to plonk it in a 'proper' DVD player?

I thought it was strange that the DVD just seemed to hold the courseware clips.

Oh..yeah <grins> It did arrive - so like... SWEEETTT!!!! :D

..EDIT..
Ok - so like double DUH - I found 'em
I swear - I must be gettin old ;)

Original1
07-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by colkai
Duh,
Videos on the DVD ???
All I could see was the courseware - or do you have to plonk it in a 'proper' DVD player?

I thought it was strange that the DVD just seemed to hold the courseware clips.

Oh..yeah <grins> It did arrive - so like... SWEEETTT!!!! :D

..EDIT..
Ok - so like double DUH - I found 'em
I swear - I must be gettin old ;)

You and me both Col:p

Have fun and look at the movs which lee posted

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/eyeon/

Trulsi
07-31-2003, 05:27 PM
Cool, gonna have a look at those in a couple of days.

Don't worry guys! Actually it's my birthday today, so I'm the one getting older.

BTW: I learned alot from those vids but they should buy a toaster and make a few cleaner cuts the next time:-P