PDA

View Full Version : 9.3.1 trial version

MikeJamesMedia
08-30-2008, 07:20 PM
I've been waiting for a new version of LightWave to try, so I an evaluate it for purchase. Here we go again...

I've purchased a new computer since my last attempt, a new 3Ghz. Intel iMac (24" monitor) and downloaded the trial version of 9.3.1 today.

After properly installing it, registering it, entering the code, and restarting, the program still will only run in "Discovery mode", which is useless to me, since I can't import any of my existing models. (over 400 points per layer not permitted in "Discovery Mode")

This is precisely the problem with the previous installer, which tech support previously told me would be fixed. Look, I know from seeing other people's work, that LightWave is a great application, but before I spend $1000 on this product, I need a working demo to evaluate how it will handle my existing models.

Why will this software not recognize the registration and operate as advertised, in the "fully functional" mode?

I've also posted this in the "General Discussion" thread, with no results so far.

ctuller
09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I see the same thing on 10.4.11 on PPC. I think it is a bug/change on Apples side that Newtek is trying to sort out with them (working with Apple is just a pita when they break your software).

MikeJamesMedia
09-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't "hate" anyone at LightWave for these issues, because I know it's not easy, with a legacy product, to fix all the bugs, while keeping up with new operating systems.

I'm going for "modo", and will keep watching to see what happens in the future for LightWave. (removing my subscription to this thread)

Thanks to Chilton especially, for trying hard to help me. (and many others!)

Take care.

ctuller
09-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I guess the other option is to run the Windows demo instead. (pc, bootcamp, or parallels).
I finally stopped banging my head against the macbook pro and went back to Vista (where I am much more comfortable and find it easier to debug issues).