PDA

View Full Version : lights or spot lights

lreyes
08-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I have a 300 frame animation, but I want to put a spot light on the head of a robot at frame 172 to turn on at that frame, but when I go to frame one, the spot light shine :help:is there. I do not want to see the spot light shine in frame zero, only at frame 172, what is the best way to solve this.

Nangleator
08-30-2008, 09:43 AM
In the light properties panel, where the light intensity is for that light, click on the E button next to it. On that graph, use the "create keyframe" tool, (lower left) and click on frame 172 at about the 100% point. Then, the key that's at frame zero? Make it at 171 and make the value 0%.

lreyes
08-30-2008, 10:08 AM
thanks, I will try it, but in the past, I tried to lower the light intensity to zero on frame 0 and make a key, and when I got to frame 172 I increased the light intensity and made a key, but when I render the animation I still see the spot light on frame zero. I just want the spot light on the robot's head to turn on at frame 172 and no to frame 300, but no light on frames before 172. I will try your method.

you can email me at [email protected] to anyone with more savvy on light wave 9.5...

lreyes
08-30-2008, 10:27 AM
last poster, I did not mean you did not savvy, I meant me...hee hee.. I will try the graph...let you know later I did not find the key frame button, is it the little bitty icon with a key figure...:I_Love_Ne

JMCarrigan
08-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Are you speaking of the lens flare? That lets you actually see the light rather than its effects? If so do the same as above, but key frame the envelope intensity. And tighten it up (tension).

lreyes
08-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks Nangleator....It worked just fine, I used the top slider instead of the graph, and it worked fine fine fine....Also Michael Carrigan....thanks.....