PDA

View Full Version : new USB Dongle

K-Dawg
08-29-2008, 12:35 PM
First off, I used teh search but didn't find anything appropriate.

I have an old parallel port dongle and am looking forward to get me a new computer. I'm pretty sure the new computer wont have a parallel port on it so I think I will need a new USB dongle.

I contacted the Newtek support a week ago, but still didn't get a reply. Now I thought I'll try it here.

How do I get an USB dongle and will it cost? Do I have to send in my old dongle first and can't use LW till I get the new one? Where do I get it from?

I live in Europe and an the Newtek-Europe website was no contactform or anything regarded to dongles.

I hope someone can help me here.

Greetz

hydroclops
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
make sure you contact customer support, not tech support. Ask about a dongle swap.

Are you going to upgrade LW itself?

worst case you could get a parallel port card for your new computer. they're cheap...

BeeVee
09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi K-Dawg,

I've been away and am now working through the backlog of mails. Send another mail to the [email protected] and I'll give you priority.

B

K-Dawg
09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Thx BeeVee. I'll send an e-mail there right now :)

K-Dawg
09-12-2008, 05:39 AM
OK I got my new USB Dongle, but registering isn't that straitforward.

I logged on to my ACC and went to "register new Product" and selected Lightwave 3D. Then I put in my Serialnumber and come to the next screen. So far everything ok.

Now comes the other part. I can't change the old Hardwarelock ID I can change from Prallel to USB for Win 32, but the Lock ID stays the way it is. When I register for Win64, then I get a message telling me, the Windows Lock ID are not the same.

Any advice?

Greetz

K-Dawg
09-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Just so that this doesn't seem to be unsolved.

Everything worked out fine. Thx NewTek Support.

Big thx to Ben "BeeVee" Vost and Edith Minkenberg at NewTek Europe. :thumbsup: :newtek: :lwicon:

Greetz