PDA

View Full Version : New and could use some advice....

KichiMiangra
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi. I'm new to the forum and sort of new to the Lightwave 3d software. I've relatively gotten use to making little models... but giving them color has been a problem. I recentlylearned how to use UV mapping.... but Here's my problem and I don't know how to ask it:
I can't give different things different patterns/ colors. Anything in the file is the one texute as the rest of it. I'm trying to give my bird model feathers and a beak... But I can't get the beak to turn yellow and keep the body it's blue pattern. Can anyone tell me how to do what I'm trying to do or what I'm doing wrong?

Also... I don't know if this forum is just for conversasion or If I can ask about the software here, so If it's the wrong place to ask, I'm sorry.:help:

borkus
08-28-2008, 06:47 PM
while having your model in modeller, select the polygons (for instance, the beak), and press "q". this will pop up the "change surface" box. name it "beak" as it's a good habit to name things accordingly. it's an aggravating habit to break later if you don't..... you can assign a color and diffuse and spec. though, these don't matter that much. because you can reassign any values in layout under the surface editor.

KichiMiangra
08-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Thankyou very much, I was trying to figure that out for a while.

borkus
08-28-2008, 07:18 PM
your most welcome