PDA

View Full Version : Panel Lock

csandy
08-27-2008, 09:58 AM
A great feature would be a ability to lock out edit or any other panel. This would be useful, for example at a live event where you want it to always be on the switcher panel, or in an educational or training environment where you don't want the student to stray. Seems like a simple feature to add.

SBowie
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Are you thinking of a simple padlock toggle, or password protection?

PIZAZZ
08-27-2008, 05:03 PM
I am thinking that a precise size of electrical tape on the monitor might be easiest.... ;)

I do understand what you are asking for though...

csandy
09-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Steve,

I think a padlock might suffice. Password protection would require some sort of database or look-up table or file so it would require more work. A padlock should discourage enough people but password protection would be ideal.

Sandy

C Heupel
09-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Great idea, a simple button to activate... it would save trouble, especially when you have Timewarp and all the extra external control panels.

D3Cast
09-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Yeah, it is a little bit incongruous that there's all this discussion in other threads about "the sanctity of the live production", and yet you can hit (intentionally or accidentally) any of the other tabs at the of the TC interface while your production is live and it will immediately be aborted...

I think, at the very least, an "are you SURE" box should appear when clicking another tab at the top IF Record or Stream Output is engaged...

-s

SBowie
09-12-2008, 09:46 AM
That's a good point ...