PDA

View Full Version : no speed razor

Pete Draves
02-23-2003, 10:02 PM
With new build complete install, we loose speed razor. the driver is in the 3rd party folder, but the driver no longer works with razor 4,8se or 2000x. some people have an extensive archive as i do going back several years. we need razor. where can we get the files to make it work,

Pete
CV Productions:mad:

Paul Lara
02-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Install Video Toaster
Install Speed Razor
Then run the 3rd Party support in Start | Programs | Video Toaster | Utilities folder.

Pete Draves
02-24-2003, 07:31 AM
Paul :
I did this it installs the same driver that was in razor. I saved and compared the two files. Alas no SR. this was repeated many times.

Pete

creach
02-24-2003, 10:37 AM
I went thru this several weeks ago with the previous build, and again with 3890. Dr. Cross helped me out immensely.

I set up SR four or five different times, and I could make no config (I think it's videotoaster.rzf) work with Razor/VT[2].

If you email me off board, I help you out.

Dan Deon
KMVT TV
[email protected]

On the positive side, I'm really good with the SR registration procedure! :)

Dan

UnCommonGrafx
02-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Well Dan,
Give me a )&)(&^(^(_) hand with the registration process because it's maddening!! Robert at UnCommonGrafx

The count is at two weeks trying to get my code for razor and still no luck. Quite discouraging. Why would they expect anyone to 'upgrade' their software with them if it's this difficult to get it up and working???? And weekend warriors be damned with their system if it's not working for them.

Thanks for the chance to vent... sigh...
Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Pete Draves
02-24-2003, 11:36 AM
The propblems are now solved. caused by toaster remnents left on the drive in settings and the registry files.

I am leaving for san antonio tomorrow for newtek training.

I will contact you for getting razor license.

Pete

creach
02-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by UnCommonGrafx

The count is at two weeks trying to get my code for razor and still no luck. Quite discouraging.

Yeah. I spent three weeks swapping emails with SR tech support trying to get SR up, only to have the tech finally declare, "this is a Newtek problem." I was ready to reach thru the monitor and throttle him!!

I feel for ya, Robert!

Dan

JFAns
02-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Hi to all

I install Speed Razor yesterday and I run the program and It didnt recognaize the rtv files.
I download the SR update from Newtek site and intall it.
I tried to run the SR but it crash.
I notice that the update version of SR came with a videotoaster.rzf file biger than the old I had.
I remove the videotoaster.rzf from the SR dir and run the SR and it works but without the RTV support and if I put the new videotoaster.rzf file SR crash.

Can any of you help me in this one?

Thank you

Jose Anselmo

Pete Draves
03-01-2003, 09:41 AM
What os
What toaster build
there are some problems with installation

Pete Draves

UnCommonGrafx
03-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Working on week 3... groan...

Paul Lara
03-01-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by JFAns
if I put the new videotoaster.rzf file SR crash.
Can any of you help me in this one?

Certianly, Jose.
First, you'll have better success with the following installation order:

Uninstall SR and Toaster
Install Speed Razor
Install Video Toaster in a different folder
Now, run the thrd-party installer found in Start | Programs | VideoToaster2 | Utilities

Paul

JFAns
03-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Hi

Paul , I dont see the logic to make that install order you refer to but I will try it any way. If you could explain it better why this order is so important I will be grateful.

well Pete my os is Win2000 Pro
toaster build 3866
No problems with installation.

you mention early:

"The propblems are now solved. caused by toaster remnents left on the drive in settings and the registry files."

Could you explain the steps you done, it seems that my problem is the same you had.

Thank you

Jose Anselmo

Pete Draves
03-03-2003, 08:24 AM
The problem I had was Razor not seeing the NewTek drivers.

The problem you describe is razor crash, This does not look like the same thing. What you describe sounds like some corupt files. This is the only thing I can think of that would cause a crash.

Pete