PDA

View Full Version : ACK! interface is DEVOLVING!!!

jin choung
07-30-2003, 11:21 PM
howdy fellows,

i was thinking, "hmmmmm, why does this new dfx style interface and color scheme look so familiar to me?"

epiphany -

it's the freakin' 5.0 interface!!! big round grey buttons. bright text on top....

ain't it?

oh well, just gimme scroll bar handles and other standard windows/osx window niceties and you can color and bevel it any way ya want.

jin

hrgiger
07-30-2003, 11:35 PM
It's not the final interface for 8...

js33
07-31-2003, 12:04 AM
It looks more modern like DFX than it does the clunky old LW5 interface. Also who really cares what it looks like as long as its easy on the eyes and the workflow is more streamlined.
There were a lot of features that allow for right clicking instead of opening a panel.

Cheers,
JS

marc
07-31-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by jin choung
oh well, just gimme scroll bar handles and other standard windows/osx window niceties...
I have agreed with this in the interface forum and I shall do it here again: This is so true.

Marc

DaveW
07-31-2003, 01:02 PM
The interface they had a siggraph looks more like the 5.5 buttons with a grey and blue color scheme. It looks pretty good to me, I liked the 5.5 button style a lot.

prospector
07-31-2003, 04:13 PM
me too

Anything better than those goofy iconic buttons.

CB_3D
07-31-2003, 05:49 PM
I was just wondering, wouldn´t it be logical to keep some consistency between the VT interface an LWs?
At least that seems to be what all major developers (at least D
iscreet, Softimage, Maxxon, Adobe, Maromedia) are doing, and i trust they all have good reasons for that.

While we are at it, VT, now there´s an ugly interface...

Harlock
07-31-2003, 07:53 PM
I agree , the interface looks like it's going in the wrong direction ( backwards). It's easy to say the design should be easy on the eyes but that's so subjective. I'd like it to look like the computer panels on Star Trek the next generation. Everyone, wheather they like the drab washed out monotone look or a bright, colorful easy to read interface can just change it in the hub config. Have the brushed steel and lack of bevels really driving people mad? and Since you can basicly change most things about the menus and so forth, what's the point of making a drastic GUI change, to let them know that this is a new version? Thats what the number 8 is for.:p

colkai
08-01-2003, 03:05 AM
it's the freakin' 5.0 interface!!! big round grey buttons. bright text on top....
ain't it?
oh well, just gimme scroll bar handles and other standard windows/osx window niceties and you can color and bevel it any way ya want.
jin

You know what I *really* hope they do?
Put scroll bars on things like the "additional" list in Modeller and other plugin lists.
It drives me nut-barm when I am looking for a plugin and "whizzz" it zooms up the screen.
So yay - scrollbar me baby! ;)

colkai
ain't it?
jin

Put scroll bars on things like the "additional" list in Modeller and other plugin lists.
It drives me nut-barm when I am looking for a plugin and "whizzz" it zooms up the screen.

colkai
ain't it?
jin

colkai
ain't it?
jin

colkai
ain't it?
jin

colkai
08-01-2003, 03:06 AM
Arrghhh - my browser went nutty - will someone PLEASE delete those mutliples - it won't let me.

sorry...sorry...sorry..

prospector
08-01-2003, 04:00 AM
HMMM
mine don't

just click and it opens up and slowly goes down with mouse

thought that was fixed awhile back

jin choung
08-01-2003, 04:12 AM
yah,

it does scroll more slowly now than it used to but it's still a poor excuse for simple windows windows!

don't make it different if it ain't better and brother, it ain't better. difference for difference sake is just pretention. although i suppose it was done at the time to simplify the maintenance of many different versions for different os', i really think that custom UIs based on the convention of the targeted os is a good idea and well worth the investment.

with the OS windows functionality, the 'skin' is really a trivial issue.

geez, as we many have said, just simple OS conventions like having scroll bars for longs lists really would make the interface better.

jin