PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Instructions-Suggestions to Installing 9.5 and 9.31 on same PC system

antsj
08-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi,

I tried searching on a tutorial or directions that others have used to install multiple versions on same PC.

I did come across a couple that talked about config -c and something -e?

Yeh, I am still noobie at this stuff :help: and never liked prying under the hood in config and registry files back to DOS.

I am open to seeing how others have done it. I also would really like to be able to copy over plug ins & Lscripts menu and all if possible without spending forever installing all the plug in and menu redo's.

I appreciate your help in this effort to install multiple version of LW.

AJ

zapper1998
08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi,
I tried searching on a tutorial or directions that others have used to install multiple versions on same PC.
I did come across a couple that talked about config -c and something -e?
Yeh, I am still noobie at this stuff :help: and never liked prying under the hood in config and registry files back to DOS.
I am open to seeing how others have done it. I also would really like to be able to copy over plug ins & Lscripts menu and all if possible without spending forever installing all the plug in and menu redo's.
I appreciate your help in this effort to install multiple version of LW.
AJ

like this multiple Lw's versions..

Example: [Minus the quotes]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\LightWave 3D 9.5\Programs\hub.exe" -c"C:\Program Files (x86)\LightWave 3D 9.5\Programs\Configs"

It's easy really, just put the various versions of lw in there own folder
the put a folder in the programs folder named " configs "
then you are ready to go
at one time I had 22 versions of lightwave on the puter, had clean it up
so i reformatted and reloaded..

LightFreeze
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM
bit more detail here (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=715612&postcount=48)

antsj
08-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks to Both of your responses.

Pictures and Words really help me out to understand the instructions included. I learned from each of your post.

Looks like I could have saved time by reading or asking question before first install to make the current one easier.

Well nothing like yesterday to know something today:)

Thanks again to your quick responses.

AJ