PDA

View Full Version : Mult-person virtual set with background only

westis
08-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Hi,

We have a green screen background that we'd like to be filled with the input from one of the cameras, as if it's a large TV screen. How can we easily set up a virtual set for this?

We do not need the foreground, only that camera exposed to the green screen background.

Thanks,
Daniel

SBowie
08-22-2008, 05:26 AM
I think you could do that with the early simple LiveSet creator tool alone. It should be in your Registration downloads area.

joseburgos
08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Steve,
Does the simple LiveSet creator tool have the ability to scale the LiveSet input video?
Like a brush tool?
Or would he just use the camera to scale?

billmi
08-22-2008, 07:03 AM
Just trying to understand the question a little better here.

Do you need to have the background fill the entire screen, or make it look like it is on a large video monitor, with a frame around the monitor, and a floor, etc.?

If you want the background feed to fill the entire screen like a traditional chromakey shot, you don't actually need a LiveSet, you can just use LiveMatte to overlay your talent onto the feed from another camera that is selected on the AUX bus. There are some utility LiveSets that can add things like drop-shadow to a basic Live-Matte chromakey.

westis
08-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I think you could do that with the early simple LiveSet creator tool alone. It should be in your Registration downloads area.

I can't find the LiveSet creator tool in the registration downloads area. We have Tricaster Broadcast, is LiveSet creator not available for downloads when having registered Tricaster Broadcast?

Do you need to have the background fill the entire screen, or make it look like it is on a large video monitor, with a frame around the monitor, and a floor, etc.?

We'd need it to look like a large video monitor. And with three cameras, meaning the angles will be different. I suppose we should be able somehow to create a frame with the LiveSet creator tool, or whatever way we're able to create this video monitor background.

joseburgos
08-22-2008, 04:11 PM
We'd need it to look like a large video monitor. And with three cameras, meaning the angles will be different. I suppose we should be able somehow to create a frame with the LiveSet creator tool, or whatever way we're able to create this video monitor background.

You would need to create the "frame" in another program and create three different image files of the "frame" at the three camera angles you seek to view.

I no longer have the simple LiveSet tool (that or I just can't find it at the moment) and I am still wondering if it can size the LiveSet surface to scale the video input to fit into a "frame" or you will just be doing the input camera framing in camera.

Take care,

SBowie
08-25-2008, 07:04 AM
I no longer have the simple LiveSet tool (that or I just can't find it at the moment) and I am still wondering if it can size the LiveSet surface to scale the video input to fit into a "frame" or you will just be doing the input camera framing in camera.No, it can't. I think it basically just provides a background, foreground, and a 'keyhole' input between these.

(Sorry to be slow replying, have been out of town for a few days.)

SBowie
08-25-2008, 07:08 AM
... is LiveSet creator not available for downloads when having registered Tricaster Broadcast?I really don't know, not having a TC-B registered myself. In my downloads area, it's listed under VT[5].

And with three cameras, meaning the angles will be different.As Josť has pointed out, the simple LiveSet tool will not really handle the multiple angles, scaling and what-not associated with this more sophisticated requirement. Aura and/or LW would do the job though.

SachaG01
09-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Might be listed as Skybox constructor or something like that, least it is in my downloads.

We've been building a couple of (very simple) multicamera sets with After Effects and exporting them as bitmaps, results so far are v. impressive, still can't get my head round LW and still waiting for the Aura plugin to return from the dead.