PDA

View Full Version : Scene files keep getting corrupted

kopperdrake
08-21-2008, 07:59 AM
I've had problems over the last year with scene files becoming corrupt. One common one is sometimes I end up with two cameras in a scene in the drop down menu...Camera(1) and Camera(2), but there is only actually one camera visible in the viewport. Looking at the scene file I've found there's a huge chunk of data just copied from a random piece of the scene file and attached to the end of the whole file. It typically affects the cameras but it's also affected the images and lights in the past.

Now I'm getting another problem where scenes opened on the Mac here, then saved out, seem to be adding in additional characters that then means the scene won't open on either the Mac or the PC running LightWave.

I've attached the latest scene file where this has happened.

Has anyone else had this? Could this be our router or cables or network box server rather than LightWave? I've had the same router for ages without problems - I really can't pinpoint the hardware changes that coincide with this beginning.

kopperdrake
08-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Okay - this particular problem (regarding the attached scene file) seems to be something to do with the Mac. We've just read a text file on the Mac, not saved it, and it's done the same thing to that text file, it now has a funny rectangular character rather than a return character. That wasn't even LightWave based! Maybe I should move this to the Mac forums...

toby
08-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Loads fine for me, aside from the missing objects and images of course. Maybe you have a corrupt object or image? I don't see any rectangular characters either. Where would I look for that?

But you should know the line breaks are different btw Mac and PC. On the Mac side the thing to do is open the scene in BBEdit lite (free dl), save-as and set what type of line breaks you want, mac or pc.

toby
08-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Wait, I see the double camera and double light thing - yea that is jacked up. Several duplicated objects as well. There was a bug that would 'phantom' duplicate and misname an object, but I thought that was squashed. Are you using the latest version?

COBRASoft
08-23-2008, 05:23 AM
I have a different problem. When I save or render a specific scene, LW starts to play the render preview first and afterwards saves or renders. Very weired bug which costs me more than a minute each time I press the 's' or 'F9' key.

RebelHill
08-23-2008, 07:01 AM
I have a different problem. When I save or render a specific scene, LW starts to play the render preview first and afterwards saves or renders. Very weired bug which costs me more than a minute each time I press the 's' or 'F9' key.

i had this on a scene recently where i was experimenting with anchor... wihtout that plugin... u hit save, and it saved... with it added to the scene, it would play back through the timeline first, then save... peculiar (9.5btw)