PDA

View Full Version : render running water

pete186
08-20-2008, 11:41 PM
I have a task to show running water through taps etc ... I am at a loss as to how to get it happening .. i am fiddling about with the emitter and hypervoxels .. getting the odd splodge to render on viper but nothing terribly encouraging ...any ideas/tutorials would be appreciated...cheerzpete

SplineGod
08-21-2008, 12:55 AM
You dont have to use hypervoxels. Its possible to do it using geometry and displacement maps and will render faster.

shrox
08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Is it like water pouring out of a pipe? That can be done with a morph and displacement mapping.

pete186
08-21-2008, 01:05 AM
actually running through a pipe arround valves...

Sarford
08-21-2008, 07:02 AM
try this link: waterpipe.mov (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/waterpipe.mov), I think this might help?

RebelHill
08-21-2008, 07:58 AM
actually running through a pipe arround valves...

if its the movement and flow of water in and around a system that ur after... u can probably get something simple (and probs kinda blobby lookin) with HVs... U may well be able to model the water volume fitting in the pipes as a shape, and use a couple morfs, and some animated displacements to make it seem as if its flowing...

but if its any more complex an effect that either of those ur after, a fluid simulator of some type is probably gonna be a must.