PDA

View Full Version : instant ik for lw8

cresshead
07-30-2003, 03:14 PM
well just got my video tape from a friend who's been recording the screen out of his pc's tv out to a video recorder...from newtek's siggraph event
instank ik is just too easy!

...add bones...switch on instank ik button..err...done!
...if i could explain it longer it may grab you more but really it's THAT simple!...if you want ik and fk?
no prblemo!...you got it on a frame by frame basis if you want!
...want to end the ik at say the hips...well select the hip bone and r click to tick end ik chain here...and your done!

me like lw8!

steve g:p

Lamont
07-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Watching the demos and stuff, it "looks" like it works a bit like Human IK (This plug is damn cool BTW).

takkun
07-30-2003, 09:29 PM
I wonder why nobody has mentioned that in LW 8 you can pin and unpin bones like in Motion Builder and Mirai and Animatium. I almost pissed my pants when I saw that! The new way of rigging and setting up IK and animating with IK and switching to FK looks so simple and fun and quick, it's the total opposite of what rigging and animation is like in Lightwave now.

Lamont
07-30-2003, 09:37 PM
I am gonna play with Animatium this weekend.

policarpo
07-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Lamont
I am gonna play with Animatium this weekend.

DOH!

lucky man!:D

Lamont
07-30-2003, 10:13 PM
If you spring for postage, I'll mail a disk to you.

milkman
07-30-2003, 10:20 PM
is it a beta or seomthing?

Lamont
07-30-2003, 10:22 PM
No, a trial version. It sells for 2k apparently... I won't be buying it. But it goes back and fourth between Lightwave like nothing.

policarpo
07-30-2003, 10:27 PM
2k??? wow...thanks for the offer...but i don't want to wet my appetite on something i shouldn't buy. :)

i'll wait for 8. did you have a chance to play with it at all?

the new IK and dynamics engine looks pretty damn sweet.

report report...please. ;)

Lamont
07-30-2003, 10:31 PM
I didn't get to touch LW8 at all. Chuck sucker punched me while Proton and Larry held me down. That was the only way they could have taken me.

I did play with Sega software. It's crazy. You can get all of the animation done with just 3 keys: Spacebar, right and left mouse buttons and that's it.

I found it a bit disorienting because there is no grid to ref the character too, or to get a bearing on the world. Hmmm.. maybe I should open the damn thing and play with it now?

Lamont
07-30-2003, 10:35 PM
I know I'll be just fine with LW's animation tools. Adding another one to the mix is a bit much.

Lamont
07-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Alright SEGA. WTF are you doing giving me a CD with a 477mb MPEG?! NO APPLICATION!!

I went home thinking "Oh it says DEMO DISK, I'll get to play with the software and get to really exsplore it.".

I guess the best thing about this disk is that the jewel case is pretty damn cool.

policarpo
07-30-2003, 10:38 PM
yeah...the IK boost is going to be a real nice addition...i may just have to not upgrade to MB 5....and the new dynamics look great as well...i can't w8!!

sketchyjay
07-31-2003, 09:02 AM
Yeah I got the email with upgrade to MB5 today.... glad the deal runs to december because LW 8 is just out the gate and is already blowing me away, can't wait to see what its packin' when it hits the finish line...

j

policarpo
07-31-2003, 09:04 AM
yep...glad we have a "window" of opportunity. :)

cresshead
07-31-2003, 03:00 PM
...back on topic...

what'speoples thought about theusfulness of ACS4 or the setup machine now that instant ik will be in lightwave 8?

steve g:cool:

Nemoid
07-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Great news this ok istany IK.:D
I think TSM is implemented in [8] for autorigging, also not for bipeds, and reuse skeletons. i dunno TSM , but i heard its very simple and flexible evenmore than ACS4

jb_gfx
07-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Nemoid
Great news this ok istany IK.:D
I think TSM is implemented in [8] for autorigging, also not for bipeds, and reuse skeletons. i dunno TSM , but i heard its very simple and flexible evenmore than ACS4

Proton declared TSM will NOT be in LW8

colkai
08-01-2003, 03:02 AM
Me,
I'll be waiting on LW8 and (sometimne before December - when my credit card recovers :) ) getting the MB5 upgrade.

For an idiot like me who's never done ANY CA, MB is fun, couple that with LW8 and whoo-boy!! :D