PDA

View Full Version : IK repinning with space switching

RebelHill
08-19-2008, 12:02 PM
one of the things some folks asked after my rig demo was how the IK limb repinning to hip, to head works.

In 931 (which my demo was in) the pinning only worked for psitioning, not space switching as well, and it dodnt work if it was pinning to another IK controlled item, it only pinned to FK.

THanks to some of the changes made in 9.5... it can now be done across FK/IK, anything u like, and u can have space switching, so heres;

www.rebelhill.net/bits/csm_ik95.mov

a lil vid to show it in action, with a very quick tut on how its set up. it also covers some of the changes that have happened to the function of plgIK in 9.5 (fogged for the hell of it).

thanks.

(ps... dumbass forgot to mention it in the vid... but after setting MGO on the pin_follow null... u need to record pivot rot for it too, k thxbi)

Cageman
08-20-2008, 06:07 AM
OMG!

This is SO cool!

...Crazy, actually! :)

...WOW...

dballesg
08-20-2008, 10:57 AM
hi rebel,

Thanks a lot for your rig on the other thread and this video.

David

adamredwoods
08-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Nice video.

Yes, with 9.5 you can now change your controller's space:
- setup a null to either the head or hip
- setup a "Same As item" controller (POSITION) for your IK goal.
- the "Same As" item is that new null you added to the head or hip
- now you can KEY your interpolation between 0%-100% position

Your rig is better because it uses the PLG plugin, whereas when I did the above, I started to get a lot of IK popping.

RebelHill
08-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Nice video.

Yes, with 9.5 you can now change your controller's space:
- setup a null to either the head or hip
- setup a "Same As item" controller (POSITION) for your IK goal.
- the "Same As" item is that new null you added to the head or hip
- now you can KEY your interpolation between 0%-100% position

Your rig is better because it uses the PLG plugin, whereas when I did the above, I started to get a lot of IK popping.

yups... the "same as item is handy in that way too. however, wheni tested it, i found it was only reliable for pinning to things that are under FK control... in my example the neck is an IK chain, and a plgIK chain at that... using the double null/follow/MGO setup works whatever control method is used for the area ur pinning to, FK, IK, expressions, modifiers, etc, etc.

mav3rick
08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
impressive