PDA

View Full Version : The LWCAD1.6 registration says my serial is invalid

OlaHaldor
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I proudly installed LW9 and hooked up the dongle which came by mail today. YAY! :king:

The pack I bought was called "VizCAD" at the NewTek Europe shop, pretty nice price, and with LWCAD 1.6 coming along with it, it's a no-brainer.

The instructions for registration to claim my download and serial seemed pretty straight forward - but now I'm totally stuck....

I go to http://www.newtek-europe.com/lwcad16.html as told by the instructions, and enter the information needed, including the serial on the box. The page reloads, and says my serial is invalid. What the hell?! :bangwall:

Any ideas about this folks? I couldn't even contact NewTek Europe since it requires Flash - the fresh install of Windows x64 won't install Flash player.. The page at Adobe says that x64 isn't supported - I can't really understand that either, but that's another issue I won't bring up into proportions here.

cresshead
08-19-2008, 10:29 AM
i nerver got round to installing it...you just reminded me i had it on one of the lightwave upgrades...

let me know if you get it working...i may have a bash in installing it too!

OlaHaldor
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
I found I had to install Flash Player "for Netscape or Netscape compatible browsers". From there I found the correct version of Flash. Odd..

I've tried several times now. Still no luck in registration for LWCAD 1.6! :(

OlaHaldor
08-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Has anyone else actually successfully registered LWCAD 1.6? I'd like to get done with this so I can upgrade to 2.5 when there's still a chance to get LWCAD 3 for free.. !

OlaHaldor
08-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Just got an email from NewTek Europe who asked for my serial. Fair enough. Waiting in patience for a new reply..

OlaHaldor
08-20-2008, 04:21 AM
Happy ending! The guy at NewTek Europe fixed something at their end, I think. Registered, downloaded and activated. Woohoo! :)