PDA

View Full Version : Plug-in/ menu problem

pdp editor
08-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm working through Steve W. latest book and it requires me to to load two pulg-ins. I have done that and need to place then in a new menu button I call plugin. the problem is I cant load them under this new button because they dont exist- see the screen shot. the right image is my plugin folder with both plugins highlighted and the left image is the conf menu where you move the plug-ins so that they show under the menu buttons. I have search each one of these drop downs and can not find them. what gives????

pdp editor
08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I have played around with this for a few hours trying to use LWCAD with no luck the tut requires the plugins

Andrew March
08-19-2008, 01:09 AM
You have actually added the plugins right, as in told Lightwave where they are?

pdp editor
08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
as seen in the screen shot above the plugins are in the same place as my all my other modeler plugins

steve0077
08-19-2008, 08:20 PM
OK the plugins are loaded, But don't add the to the menu that way. You have to Load the custom config menu tabs that come with LWCAD. You do this by highliting the Main Menu in the menu's widow than right click on it and select Import Branch and import LWCAD.cfg and then it will create a new Tab Called LWCAD with all the plugins commands. Than do it again for the LWCADext.cfg the same way and you will get a new Tab called LWCADext with the rest of the plugins.

Good Luck,
Steve

steve0077
08-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Looked at your picture again and it looks like you already have those tabs. If you want to load a copy to another place you can hit those little arrows to expand lwcad plugin folders and select the plugin you wish even if it shows lightly and drag were you want it in the menu. Like in your Plugin Group you made. But all plugins are already under those LWCAD Tabs.

Andrew March
08-20-2008, 02:31 AM
as seen in the screen shot above the plugins are in the same place as my all my other modeler plugins

That doesn't mean they've been added, all my plugins are in the same directory but I still had to load several of them.

pdp editor
08-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I found the problem. the plugins were listed under additional and not modeler.