PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 new IK tools... where are they?

Lilradford
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Alright, so maybe I'm just missing something that's sitting right in front of me but... I saw Will Vaughan at siggraph demo-ing the new tools and somehow he setup a leg style IK chain in just 2 clicks and it gave him a knee pole?? He made it look so simple but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. Also, sort of to go along with this, I was talking to him a little after his presentation and he was saying that the new joint bones are totally different than the previous Z-Axis bones as they allow a lot more control with constraints and everything. Again, lots of digging but can't seem to figure anything out other than what I already knew about z-axis bones.

Any tips?

-David

jameswillmott
08-17-2008, 08:59 PM
You have to draw a chain of joints, then select them all and run the Make Joint Chain script, it will create the Pole and Goal nulls for you.

Lilradford
08-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Ok, so with exception to the new pole feature, all that two click script does is do the setup for you. I thought it was a new feature that you couldn't setup without the new tools. It creates an interesting use of both a target object and a pole with some IK setups.

jameswillmott
08-18-2008, 12:46 AM
The combination of Target object and Pole object really help the IK solver zero in on a stable solution.