PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong...

Karl Hansson
07-30-2003, 11:45 AM
...with this board? All these flame wars is really breaking the ones so great LW community. The never ending Mac vs PC debate is NEVER EVER going to lead to anything but a lot of insults and people being plain ugly, which is not good for the community. Can't we se each other as fellow Lightwavers and not as stupid Mac user or stupid PC users? Even though you might sit on the greener side of the fence, isn't it nicer to show a little bit of sympathy and support for the fellow Lightwaver who don't sit on the greener side, rather than calling them stupid. That makes for a strong community and thus ensuring the future of LW. Can't we all just get along?

jb_gfx
07-30-2003, 12:03 PM
That ain't our fault if mac users are paranoid crying babys!

Hehe just kidding ;)

hrgiger
07-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Your post confused me a little Karl so maybe you should clarify. You say that Mac users and PC users shouldn't be bickering but then you go on to imply that certain users sit on the greener side of the fence because they use either a mac or a pc. Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's certainly no way to be diplomatic.;)

Karl Hansson
07-30-2003, 04:26 PM
My point is that it shouldn't really matter which platform you are on as a Lightwaver shouldn't we help each other if possible instead of telling each other that their choise of hardware is screwd up. It's just not very nice to read such things.

novadesigns
07-30-2003, 04:41 PM
I think you're reading too much into his post hrgiger. I was thinking he meant that in spite of how one may feel about what side of the fence they are on (meaning the "my platform is better than yours" people) that they should, instead of condeming people about it, be supportive of each other's freedom of choice.

In other words, focus on Lightwave and leave the platform politics out of it.

And I agree whole-heartedly. I think people who engage in platform bashing are petty and usually ignorant of the "other side". And one bad experience (or just reading about other people's bad experiences) doesn't give one the authority to come here and insult each other. What does it gain? What has it ever gained?

Not a thing.

In fact I think that should apply to everything, platforms software, political views, religious views etc...

I don't think people would put up with all this open hostility if they were physically in the same room. It continues to amaze me how the internet makes jerks out of otherwise decent people. :rolleyes:

hrgiger
07-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Well, that's what I thought he meant but I thought I should ask for clarification.

And I don't understand the platform wars either....