PDA

View Full Version : Seen the New Samsung 25.5" 2693HM Yet?

Quiet1onTheSet
08-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Samsung 2693HM
http://www.pcmonitorreview.com/samsung-2693hm-26-widescreen-lcd-computer-monitor/

Just got one, and just as customer reviews indicate, the capacitive touch controls for menu actions are ridiculously difficult to use.

Without installing the accompanying software, I haven't yet been able to get that brightness corrected for a SMPTE bars' PLUGE area (the black stripes at the bottom right, where only the middle-right one should be just barely visible).

For the size, the street price isn't bad at all. Best Buy had an attractive price on these for about $449.

Think I'll do that install now - to determine if this one's a defect...

Q1

IMI
08-17-2008, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't trade this monitor back for any of it, plus 1 million more pennies.

Well hell, I would. That's $10,000! You could buy a whole lot more of those monitors for that. ;)

It does look like a really nice monitor though.

Hopper
08-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Even with a lot of good reviews, I'm still a big fan of the "you get what you pay for" camp. I know it doesn't always apply, but for the most part... yeah... it does. So I'm still eager to get a new monitor (or pair), but I'm hesitant to look at anything less than $600.

Jim_C
08-17-2008, 05:51 PM
What an amateur review you linked to. T.

Oh c'mon now.. You know all good monitor reviewers use the graphics card in their 15" laptop for testing purposes. He obviously knows what he's doing.

:screwy:

Quiet1onTheSet
08-18-2008, 07:22 AM
What an amateur review you linked to. Absolutely right. 'Didn't find an expert review, despite its being out on the street a little while, now.

Q1

Quiet1onTheSet
08-18-2008, 07:27 AM
What an amateur review you linked to. Absolutely right. 'Didn't find an expert review, except for this: http://www.testfreaks.com/monitors/samsung-2693hm/reviews/?include=all

Not sure how to get Firefox browser to interpret for reading in English, however.

Q1

Riff_Masteroff
08-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Yes, but . . . . the Maximum PC issue in today's mail (10/08) reviews a Samsung 245T (24") as the best among seven other similar sized 'puter monitors. They give it a "kick ***" award. Costs $800 each vs the Dell's $680 (2408WFP). The Samsung's panel type is a S-PVA. I know its not the same unit as the thread starter model, but still . . .

Btw, the cover story is "Inside Microsoft's $6 billion failure". MaxPC goes on to, at length, bash the corporate entitie's latest product (Vista).

Great monitors, poor OSs.

Riff Masteroff