PDA

View Full Version : Jes_sssmk2

Mat
08-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I had some technical issues with the sss but I got some great advise.

I did notice that I got some rendering errors, so I painted over with an older render to cover up most of those.

wondering if it is better to set the segment memory limit so it only renders in one segment.

starbase1
08-16-2008, 11:28 AM
You are Joe Battle, and I claim my five pounds!
:devil:

Giacomo99
08-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Looks pretty good. The transparency maps on her hair aren't really working, though--you might want to spend some time fixing that so the ends of her locks "feather" correctly.

Also, I'm not sure if that image is a single render or not, but in my experience it can be really tough, lighting-wise, to render human flesh and an environment in the same pass and have it look good. You might have better luck setting up the girl and the bathroom in separate scenes, adjusting the lighting and surfaces so they look optimal, doing separate renders and compositing them.

RebelHill
08-16-2008, 02:00 PM
and I claim my five pounds!

AICMFP??!!... b3ta much?

@ mat... pleased to see uve made an effort to cover up her cunny this time... however.... that pose is DREADFUL... really... get out ur chair and try standing like that, reli... and in ur SSS thread, the surface was looking ok, for a cartoonish look... but in practice, its just a bit of a waxwork.

give simple skin a go (im guessing thats SSS2 ur using)... ull get nicer result.

Mat
08-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanyou for your coments.

I was using SSS1.

Simple skin looks a bit daunting, I give it a go though. I like SSS1 because it renders relatively fast, before this I was using kappa1 which was great but tended to look a little grainy, probably needed a smoothing option.

Noted about the hair transparency.

If I can I like to keep the render In one sceen though I have seperated them in the past. I usealy do this by having lights for the character that don't affect the rest of the scene and vise versa.

I admit that from the first render to this one the pose hasn't changed. Not sure what you mean by the pose, if you mean she would probably fall over you are right or that her head is turned more than phisically posible maybe but isn't all art fake in some way, legs are longer, breast are bigger, photos of models are photoshoped.

RebelHill
08-16-2008, 05:02 PM
simple skin aint that difficult reli... ill give a quick info sometime, but have a play.

big thing is reli the pose, as for whats wrong with it... well, like i say try it... stand up, bend over straight at the hip, keeping ur back almost straight, sove ur arms out at ur sides, turn ur elbows up a bit and ur palms backwards... not really comfy or natural a way to stand...

see in the pics (of the sort of pose/look i assume ur after) and notice how the girls really shift their weight onto one side, tilt their hips, arch and curve their backs... offset their footing or knees for appropraite balance and stability.. the way they hold their arms, and place their hands has purpose of placement, and creates emphasis, etc.

unless of course ur trying to create weird fetish mannequin pron... in which case, rock on.:thumbsup:

shrox
08-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Best thing is just have girl walk around naked in your apartment, That is what I do. But then later I have to walk around naked for her, outside...

Joe Battle
08-16-2008, 11:20 PM
You are Joe Battle, and I claim my five pounds!
:devil:

No,

He's not.

I am.

manholoz
08-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Best thing is just have girl walk around naked in your apartment, That is what I do. But then later I have to walk around naked for her, outside...

LOL

btw...

Hey Joe, nice to see you around!
What happened to the happy native avatar? And the bambi one?
Do you in fact look like your current avatar?

Joe Battle
08-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Hey Joe, nice to see you around!
What happened to the happy native avatar? And the bambi one?
Do you in fact look like your current avatar?

Hi, yep that's little ole me. I decided to finally show my real face, for a while at least. 8/

SonicPerfect
08-23-2008, 10:31 AM
The curves of buttocks looks a little odd!!
Try adjust the bikini on the her skin!! The bikinis are tight costumes and need to press the skin!!